Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He is a despicable human being with not a single good/redeeming quality.  And he knows it and that people hate him and that's what really digs at him.  His whole life is a joke and he will go down as the most hated President ever.  That'll be another record for him to hold.  Everything with him has to be the most, the biggest, the best, etc. even though it's not - but he will get the most hated President ever title.  His supporters can cheer all they want but they have turned the world's opinions of us so far negative it will take years to recover.  Maybe it's because I work for a European/German company and maybe others do not - but people in other countries think he's nuts and that we are all stupid for having elected him.

And what really burns me up with him is his sudden China and trade being unfair when that's where he sourced most of the materials for his construction and Ivanka's clothing line was made there.  I know because I looked at the tags.  So they're all for getting their things done with China to make their money but don't want others to. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Unfortunately.  We've had Presidents that I really disliked but I at least would listen to them speak.  I dislike this one so much that the second I see his face on a news report or if it's State of the Union - I change the channel.  I can't even stand to see him or hear him.  I have no desire to even hear one word of anything he has to say because I truly do believe he's delusional and he has onset of Dementia.  It's in his family and he's not young by any stretch.  Didn't his Father pass of complications from it?  I think it's already here for him. 

• Members

Yep.

At the very least, if he doesn't wreck American democracy (as we know it) beyond repair, Trump will lead us into another era of presidents who are, at best, average and easily forgettable; just like the eras between Andrew Jackson's presidency and Abraham Lincoln's, and between Lincoln's and Theodore Roosevelt's.  We'll experience a succession of leaders who will be too busy cleaning up Trump's messes and keeping us from collapsing into total anarchy to make any real, progressive changes.  And it really won't matter whether the Republican Party survives, because, thanks to Trump, they've managed to shape our direction for the next generation and beyond.

• Members

It's horrific.  I can't even imagine the trauma  these children are suffering. Every time someone says they won't even remember it I want to throw a developmental psychology book at them.  It doesn't matter if they remember it, they will still be vulnerable to any number of attachment disorders.  Seems like common sense, but most of these people just don't care.

• Members

Katie Porter, a freshman who's gotten a lot of praise and who flipped a red district in Orange County, is now supporting impeachment. 

I doubt this will make any difference, but I do wonder if this will cost her her seat. I hope not.

• Members

It's been several years since I left NYC but I have noticed that DeBlasio gets the lionshare of criticisms from mainly from one group of NYers, so it's not surprising that there is such a disparity among racial and economic lines in how he is viewed.  So to read this was interesting but not surprising. 

This is separate from my total bafflement as to why he's running for president.

• Members

I think it's a bit more complicated. He seemed lovely going in with that beautiful family and a lot of great ideas, but we all mocked him after he took office because he became incredibly inept and tone-deaf. That crossed a lot of class lines, at least in terms of the perception of him.

Meanwhile, in the UK, a modest proposal:

• Members

I don't really thing Trump can deport millions like he wants to, but he can have enough people arrested to spread misery and fear.  The fact that we are even talking about mass internment as a possibility is stunning.  We've had some bad leaders, but  Trump doesn't have a merciful bone in his body.

Now that our norms have been violated so easily we will be vulnerable to bad actors for a long time. That's if we are even lucky enough to change course before things get even worse.