Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And worse she's trying to ruin the chance of other Democratic incumbents because they are not liberal enough for her.  What?? I want to like her because I agree with many of her positions, but I can't get onboard with anyone who doesn't see defeating Republicans has to be the immediate goal. You don't do that with infighting. Look where that got us in 2016 for pity's sake.

I know a lot of people think Democrats can't lose in 2020, but we can if we continue to be divided by the far left. I agree with many of their opinions, but not their insane, self defeating tactics.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Democrats weren't supposed to lose in 2016 either. 

The media and the money men would love to see them lose, and I imagine that "activists" like AOC would as well. She craves media attention and validation - like her pal Bernie, she's an opportunist. Sadly many liberals are more than happy to use her as their avatar, likely because most of them also hate the party and hate actually doing real work to change it. 

• Members

This is why all the stuff about how Trump was going to give up on the border wall never meant anything to me - he was never going to give up. He just needed a push to go back to his basest instincts. And he knows the media and the GOP and their money machine will push this as brave and why are Democrats helping illegals and so on and so forth. 

• Members

They aren't pushing that.

He has no way of getting the wall. But he was infuriated by Coulter, Fox, etc. criticism of his failure and is trying to throw a tantrum. He doesn't know what else to do. And every media outlet except Fox is calling this an embarrassing disaster for him and the GOP.

• Members

The only ones I feel sorry for are retired people who are living off their 401ks.  Everyone else with a 401k will be fine if they don't panic, although I saw many do so during the financial crisis. Sadly one lady I knew was close to retirement and was still working to support her grandson. I hope she landed ok.  I know this is petty, but I enjoy seeing the tech CEO's lose a few billion, even though I suspect it's short term. I hope it hurts while it lasts.

KESSLER: Because they want to take over America. Why can't they just come here and live like us? I want you to be an American, do what we do. We were here first. OK? You're second.

This comment is gross, but also sadly ignorant.  Immigrants still largely integrate by the time they are second and third generation.  They may not become Christians, but they will speak English

Please register in order to view this content

and be culturally American,  for better or worse. Pew research shows this every year, if people would just get their heads out of their asses. Also, someone needs to tell that bitch that we don't have degrees of citizenship. She is not first.