Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

CNN must have decided that Kellyanne Conway was good for ratings because they are click baiting it as the interview you need to see. 

At this point the lies are nothing but low hanging fruit and since they don't care about substance, they may as well introduce a daily segment on how many lies will she tells during their interviews complete with animations and a bell or buzzer for each lie.  Then they can have John what's his name stand in front of a yuuuuuge chart pointing out all the lies.  And since it's such a thing to mock music of the eighties, they can just use the Thomspon Twins as the theme.

• Members

Got some unexpected Trump tea from my work partner earlier today. Speaking to a Republican, who does not like Trump, he learned that said Republican's close friend is among Trump's team and he/she said Trump is miserable and did not realize what he was getting himself into. However, he's determined to run for a second term.

The Republican claims Spicer is actually a very nice man who is miserable because he's stuck at a job where he's forced to lie every day. The Republican does not think Spicer will last more than 2-3 months. Conway, however, he says, is in it till the end.

• Members

There's been a lot of reporting down on Trump and his people though, especially since the election and especially since the inauguration. I'm not saying it's perfect but ignoring Sean Spicer and ignoring Kellyanne Conway or this administration doesn't work when since moment one, Spicer walked out and informed the press that it was now expected to function like state-run media in a dictatorship - printing what they say and dropping everything else. And if you allow Sean Spicer to tell the world that criticizing a bad military operation means not supporting the troops and you don't push back, that would be emboldening them just like how the media too often handled the Bush administration. Only this is much worse.

If they allow them to go unchallenged, if they let up on them, if they don't point out the falsehoods and lies and manipulations day after day, and yes, if they stop mocking them then they're allowing the Trump White House freedom of movement and growth of power and legitimacy.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Totally agree. They aren't perfect, but they're what we have. They made the mistake of initially underestimating Trump and his campaign, but I have a hard time blaming them for that.  There are days I still can't believe he won and that over 60 million people fell for this hate mongering con artist.

• Members

Run for a second term lol? Ok. I am convinced as I believe was reported in that dossier that was leaked that Trump does have FTD. His actions and incoherency are worse than Reagan in his last term. Even to the point where he is afraid of stairs and doesn't like walking up or down slopes. There is no cure for it as we know and I would not be shocked if he was dead in 2 years. Dealing with the pressure is not something he is going to be able to maintain, not that he really has, but it will get to a point where even his staff like Conway and Spicer won't be able to deflect.

• Members

Sigh. I rule nothing out. I'm not confident that Trump is in poor health. So many - me included - first thought Trump wouldn't last through the primaries, then never thought Trump would actually WIN.

So I can sadly see this tool lasting through 2020 and running again, assuming we're still a democracy by 2020. I can only pray that the majority of voters are smarter about Trump by then and deny him next time.