Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really don't get all those people claiming that these bans have made them feel safer.  And Kellyanne Conway saying that the protesters don't understand is laughable because they don't know the facts.  They use 9/11 as justification for the ban and their examples of the Boston Marathon and San Bernardino show how much they rely on the ignorance of the public not to be able to figure out that none of those instances including people from the banned countries. 

They keep referring to a list by Obama to justify the nations they included but he was supposed to be inept and claiming that it is not anti-Muslim because 41 other Muslim nations are not banned does not make it other than what it is. 

If the plan really is to oust Trump, they're going to have their hands full trying to stick this out until they are able to get all their legislation through.

• Members

^ That did the trick thanks Vee.

Wow. I believe it too. Trump must love seeing people riot in the streets. We have millions of children in the system and this SOB wants to make it harder for LGBT people to adopt. I have a friend and former roommate who adopted two siblings out of the foster care system. One a three year old boy and the other a 15 year old girl. Their mother is in jail for life.  She totally changed their lives for the better in every way.  The oldest is headed off to college in the fall. Also, my friend did two tours overseas and is one of those vets Trump claims to love so much. 

I have always tried to have a basic respect for the office of the president, but I just cannot. I hate this man so much.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

People may not realize that Trump is already doing military maneuvers. It's disconcerting that someone who does things in such a slapdash manner is now commander-in-chief in charge of so many lives.

U.S. Commando Killed in Yemen in Trump’s First Counterterrorism Operation

• Members

As a horrified outsider looking at this [!@#$%^&*] show happening, all I can only assume is these people won't be happy till America is purged of anyone that's not a lily white evangelical Christian and then they can have their desired society where people like Trump, Paul Ryan and Steve Bannon are in charge and women know "their place". Everyone not fitting into these specific parameters (i.e. Jews, Muslims, all brown people, the gays, the feminists, whoever) will just go back to wherever they came from. My step cousin (a blonde Jewish guy who was born in South Africa and raised in New Zealand and is a dual citizen of both) flew from NZ to Los Angeles during the chaos in US this weekend. He got flagged by TSA for extra questioning that went on for 2 hours and which basically amounted to "your Russian last name sounded sorta vaguely like the one the Boston Bombers had and maybe if strain our eyes you could maybe look a little bit like them too". He looks nothing like them and his last name is only similar in the last letter and the origin. I'm guessing this will start being the case of anybody from another country coming that doesn't fit into Trump's America.

• Members

A friend posted this on facebook, wanted to share

Apparently Paul Ryan is conducting a phone poll about the #ACA. If you'd like to participate, call 202-225-3500. It takes a little while to connect, and once you do, there is a phone menu that comes up. Press "2" to participate in poll, listen to the spiel about the ACA, then press "1" to support he ACA or "2" if you want to repeal it.