DAYS- what out of work soap actor could play Daniel on DAYS?

• Members

I don't have any inside information that Shawn Christian is leaving when his contract expires, but I can't see him staying. Still, I think there is potential for this topsy-turvy character. So, who would you cast in the role? And please don't say you just want him off of the show, cause that isn't what I'm asking :) There is something strangely complelling about his relationships to his female patients, and now his seemingly lastest flirtation with Chloe. Even the idea he was involved with both grandbaby Chelsea and grandma Kate? There is something demented about this character and I don't even know if Christian is a strong enough actor to play it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I don't think I've watched even five minutes of Daniel on this show. That's how much he bores me. Everyime I see him, I change the channel or press the FF button. He's bored me to tears since the day he first arrived. There is literally nothing interesting about him. They could put a cardboard cutout on the screen and I would find it more interesting than Daniel, who's completely useless.

I say ditch the character altogether. :)

• Members

I was so excited when we heard that Shawn Christian was joining Days early last year as he was one of my favorite soap studs of the 90's...But i agree Daniel isn't needed and should be one of the first cut..But i'll play along and say that Dylan Neal from B&B could work..

• Members

With all the cuts Days is doing, I really don't think Daniel is needed. IF they wanted to have an extra doctor, they might do well to consider recasting Mike Horton. With the little time they have left, it would be nice to have a Horton return. If they have to recast anyone outside the family, they need to recast more females.

ETA: Whoops! Sorry. Someone already mentioned Mike.

But if I gotta play.............Well, I can't. Maybe Matt Ashford, LOL. I only watch two soaps, and don't keep up with the actors.

• Members

Some posters on boards such like this and elsewhere has a habit of being an ass to other posters because they think their "s$(t don't stink" or think they're smarter than you because they have Soapnet, read soap mags, or have "news sources" for soap gossip. But, I wouldn't let that kind of thing bring you down. If they want to act like dumbasses, then let them act like dumbasses.

As far as what out-of-work actor should play the role of Daniel if Shawn is recast, I don't know, the character has been so badly written from the start that it would be better just to end the character now.

But, if the character have to stay on the show, I would've reduced Dan's age to the mid-20s and reintroduce his character as a guy who want to learn "what is life about?" after med school and finding out who he is deep inside and does he have what it takes to became the best doctor in Salem (maybe he can have a rival with the Hortons.) It's not that hard to write for him, and under a good writer, the character can became an overnight sensation. It's classic romance novel storytelling!

Since I don't the names of many out-of-work soap actors, I can't give you a direct answer, but I feel the person who play Dan should be the someone who gets a career boost and someone who is a newbie.

It's not Shawn's fault that Dr.Dan sucks, it's the writers fault for not making the character marketable and not having a backup plan if things don't work the first time around.

I see Dr.Dan as a breakout character that can make an actor's career and have them go on and do bigger and better things, but with the way the show is written now, Dr.Dan has became so stale that he needs to go ASAP.

Archived