Soap Net adds three new shows

• Members

I've been a lurker for about two years and I thought i'd de-lurk and share this.

Source

At first I thought 'Being Erica" was about the one and only Erica Kane.

I wish Soap Net would stick to Soap Operas. Where's that long rumored OLTL Police force spin off? How about another season of One Day With...? Or old classic soaps.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this just more clearly signals that the end is in sight for this network.

I expect a rebrand...bets anyone? I'm guessing by Fall 2010, it morphs into something like the "HER" network, featuring reality, talk shows (about relationships), and old LMN movies. Soaps? I bet they will move to online streaming platforms, and/or they will be filler programming. I don't even think they'll run in the wee hours, because the rebranded network (like all other cablers) will give that time to infomercials.

• Members

There's only one Erica who belongs on SoapNet. Okay, maybe two if you spell it with a 'k'.

I'm sure you all remember how exciting it was when the dream of a soap network finally became a reality. What a complete and utter disappointment it's become. Lisa and Ty got on my nerves, but even that show should have never been cancelled. Give it to Linda Dano or something. I'm sad that I didn't get SN sooner so I could have recorded all of the '80s primetime shows that they don't air anymore, and I'm sad that SN didn't show more classic daytime shows, even as "specials" every once in a while.

Archived