Last Year for ABC SSW

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have never heard from someone who LOVED SSW. It seemes to ahve been an awfuly run fan event. I mean, i know people liked it, but everyone i ahve spoken to had more bad than good to say.

I love soap fan events. The ebst ones are always the mall/walmart/random place apperance. I also love big charity balls the stars go to, those are always nice.

SSW, Fun In The Sun, NBC's Fan Fest, etc are just so crazy and never put together well.

• Members

That's a common misconception. Especially when you're the one shelling out the cash.

ABC probably doesn't see most of that money. It goes to the park, hotel, etc... In the meantime, ABC also has to shell out for overhead, security, staging, travel and lodging for its staff and talent, etc... I'd be surprised if they break even and that's only if they get a certain number of people. I'm guessing they haven't gotten that number of people in the last couple of years.

• Members

But DIsney owns ABC :P Can't they just call it even stevens? ;) (No, I knwo they can't...)

I do think Sara B's blog on this was full of good points--in the current climate with FAR less people being able to afford to even go to theme parks, let alone for a soap event--having smaller events close by makes a LOT of money.

Archived