B&B Thom Bierdz could save the show!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was hyperbole, meant to start discussion.

That said, I do feel this is a show in urgent need of saving...and the kind of "new take" on fashion house leader and fashion rivalry (i.e., a Tom Ford-type)...would, IMO, bring fresh originality to the show....thereby saving it from the current hell of stale redundancy.

But, if you have further questions for the starter of the thread, you should address him directly.

• Members

I don't see what's with the sudden hostility on this thread. MarkH had a left-field idea about B&B which he thought might change/invigorate one aspect of B&B. What's the big deal? Aren't posters allowed to use their imaginations and think up a different concept/character once in a while?

I'm just... I don't understand why the attitude on SON has become so peevish. Threads like this used to engender discussion, for and against, posited new ideas, etc. Now it's just about flitting into a thread, crapping on somebody's post, and flitting out again. Maybe I'm mis-reading the tone of your comments or the spirit in which they were intended, All My Shadows, but reading them on the page, they just struck me as harsh. And that surprises me because your posts elsewhere have been the opposite of that.

[/rant]

• Members

O. M. F. G!

Tom Ford is love!!

Ha, im with yall too.

I do get what you are saying. But it has become clear B&B issues is the same as Days' issue. The man in charge. Sure you can blame anyone, but it all comes back to Ken Corday at days - and to brad Bell at B&B. They not only allow this [!@#$%^&*] to go on, but make the worst choices ever. Both need to go for either show to be saved.

• Members

Wow. I must confess I felt a *little* defensive when I read all these "I don't get your point" posts, without people explaining what they were disagreeing with. Were they disagreeing with the idea that the show needed saving? Were they disagreeing with my specific recommendation? If it was my specific recommendation, was it about the actor, the broad story idea (which I don't take credit for...we've been talking about some kind of gay male lead for B&B off and on for some time), or is it (my biggest fear) against the idea of a "homosexual" (choice of word intentional) male lead on a soap opera?

I didn't really respond much, because I don't understand the criticism. Regardless, my flights-of-fancy might surface again...apologies in advance.

I probably agree...but not totally. It is never ONE leader who is to blame. It is a team. The failure of Alden/Smith to compensate for Bell's excesses is a demonstration of that.

Bradley Bell's B&B _has_ had sustained moments of greatness...so I believe his is capable. I'm prepared to accept a Bell in charge (though I wish he'd take a sabbatical)...as long as there are some interesting story ideas. For me, a rejuvenated Spectra that does NOT reheat the old rivalry, but puts a new spin on it (which is what I thought I was proposing) is one such approach.

I think I'd be more interested in more than taciturn disagreement...and hearing others' opposing views. Which, I guess, is what Cat said :).

• Members

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was disagreeing with

1. Thom Bierdz, I don't care for his acting, in every thing I've seen him in he's given a whiny and weak performance

2. One character can not save a show IMO.

I wouldn't mind if B&B added a gay character. The show could use some diversity, but I don't want them to do it just to please fans. I want them to do it because they want to and are ready to tell the story(which I personally don't think they are).

• Members

Just like what was said, I don't get how this idea could save the show, and that's it. There's nothing wrong with having imaginations and thoughts about what would be cool to see...I mean, that's one of the biggest components of these boards. I was just wondering how this idea would save the show...B&B's tried so many short-term characters in recent years, and I don't know how a new CJ with a personality makeover would be any different. But, knowing MarkH, I knew that he probably had some kind of intricate reasoning behind it all and that he would explain how this would lead to that, that would lead to another this, and this would lead to another that and so on. That's what I was hoping my comment would lead to...

I tend to be misunderstood a lot, I find. It's no problem with me, as long as it's all able to be cleared up afterwards.

• Members
bierdz.jpg

Well, I definitely understand more of where All My Shadows and detroitpiston are coming from.

You're right...my hyperbole was misplaced. No one person can save the show. I also knew that :). I should not have said it so strongly, but I was trying to be provocative.

I know what dp means about "whiny". He LOOKS hot--he could definitely pull off the sultry sexy hyper-masculinity part of Tom Ford. I don't know about the "JR Ewing" piece...I agree. But maybe his more soulful side (dp calls it "whiny") would imbue the character with a vulnerability...so it SHOCKS the audience when he knifes competition in the metaphorical back.

But I am not into writing, casting...so I may just be the wrong guy to speculate like this.

• Members

Thank you for taking the time to explain. Your post (and detroitpiston's) have cleared things up. I wrongly assumed you had posted with the sole purpose of deflating the thread and the posters who participated in it -- I should know by now that you, detroit and DaytimeFan don't operate that way. Sorry about that.

Archived