All My Children Fall Promo(long)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, more evidence keeps piling up to support Babe's death. Krystal and David are shown to be grieving, or upset in this preview. I know its old footage, but I am sure there is a reason those two stand out from the rest in their facial expressions of shock and sadness.

• Members

Everyone seems so anxious to "change things forever".

Every freaking promo screams 'the event that will change ___________ forevahhh". The truth? Everything will be the same. We know it, they know it. The phrase doesn't intrigue anyone anymore. So why bothering?

PS. Ehlers looks ridicoulus!

• Members

I dunno... I was a bit disappointed in the promo. Erica/Adam, and Adam/Petey, is the best stuff to hit AMC in ages. But what does the promo push? Rylee... the sextet still. I was delighted to see Bianca and David :) but overall it seemed the direction for the show, as indicated in the promo, is more of the same. I hope it's just the suits still not 'getting it' .. and not an indicator of what Pratt wants.

As far as the clips, they are all old, so I don't think them mean anything. One thing that's good is AMC is really keeping a tight lid on the spoilers. Those that are out are in conflict, so I'm guessing false ones have been leaked... we're not gonna know, and we'll have to watch! I like that. I can't resist spoilers but I'm happier unspoiled.:)

• Members

My best is that the promo directors believe that the 'great unwashed' (you, me and the rest of the world) will remember Melrose fondly won't recall when Pratt wrote GH...just that it's GH, so it must be good!

Fingers crossed for AMC, that show needs promotion! It's the best soap on ABC.

• Members

Me too. It's an interesting tactic. It practically screams "we don't suck anymore!"

I'm reminded of the ABC promo that included soaps along with the rest of the dayparts. It's like they've realized that duh, the people who watch soaps also watch other TV shows. Now they need to bring primetime writing and sensibility to daytime. Bianca's return and the story around it has to potential to become the gateway to AMC becoming a far more modern soap.

I'm further heartened (actually I'm giddy) to see how much time the Hubbards got in this promo. It's another indication that AMC is poised to enter the 21st century.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived