AMC: Will Pratt Make It Better or at least Watchable?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting about Pratt--maybe he is approaching the show more like Santa Barbara? Cuz it doesn't feel liek Melrose or Titans (lol) or GH to me... I didn't watch much SB (I wish I did) but I know the show, like AMC< was notorious for having clever writing, and a mix of strong romantic stories with outrageous campy characters and humour--although SB I've heard often had a nasty edge to its humour that AMC never had.

• Members

I thought it was pretty obvious that "Crash" was a McTravesty, because B&E didn't start until about a week after the crash.

From my understanding, Frons wasn't impressed with B&E's long-term projections past this summer and asked for other input. Being a former colleague (and likely friend), Pratt volunteered a "bible" that impressed the hell out of Frons. So this is probably why it seems like Pratt knows what he is doing right now...as many have mentioned, I'll hold judgement for 6 mos.--1 year. When the "bible" runs out, we'll see... I was very happy with McT's first two years of returns (pretty much up until Madden Mess and Baby Switch Resolution). I thought, for the majority of the time, B&E were dull. Right now, I think Pratt is interesting enough to stay entertaining, but entertainment will not hold on with nothing to grab onto. We need solid characters and storylines, and then we soap fans can pretty much buy anything, right? Ok, maybe not Hayley's poison tatoo... :P

Eric, I would pay money to see Alden's "horrible" bible.

Archived