AMC: Will Pratt Make It Better or at least Watchable?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm liking it so far. I'm reserving judgement further down the road. I'm going to give him more time. B&E left a lot of things for him to clean up. It's going to take a while. I'm curious to see how he'll write Bianca and David and I want to see how he writes another new character.

• Members

I'll try to pretend I didn't read that character comeback spoiler *grr*

;)

When I watch an episode now I enjoy nearly every moment it seems--which says a lot. That said when I think about the show the Pine Valley community for me is still missing, besides Adam and Erica (And sorta Tad) I haven't seen him doa lot with vets except one or two walk ons for Opal and Joe but again that's not really anything new. I just miss the feeling of it being a real community--that said he's edging closer to that because now charactersinteract with DIFFERENT characters, not always the same small group--and we hear different set of characters commenting on OTHER character's problems (even the quick bit at the start of today with Greenlee talking about Annie's miscarriage and how it made her remember her own) which has been missing on the show for ages--since the first year or two of McTavish's last return and not too prominent before that..

• Members

"Cleaning up messes" or not, the show is actually entertaining again. Today's officially week three and there has been movement. There's been camp, tension, drama, humor...

I believe week three of B&E's run, we were still in the hospital whining about Spike, and SabineLee constantly saying "I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry!" for the 847th time. By week three of McTavish's last stint, we had already been subjected to her favorite plot device... "RAPE: Every woman's form of escapism."

Granted, we don't know what's going to happen in the future so, yeah. I will be probably wanting him strung up by his scrotum this time next year. But right now, it's not that bad. We've had worse. Much worse.

• Members

I believe week three of B&E's run, we were still in the hospital whining about Spike, and SabineLee

======================================================

SabineLee ROFL.

constantly saying "I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry!" for the 847th time.

==================================

UGH! Yeah that was way to much!

Granted, we don't know what's going to happen in the future so, yeah. I will be probably wanting him strung up by his scrotum this time next year.

======================================================

OUCH! Let's hope you don't ever feel that way. :)

Archived