OLTL: Week of September 15, 2008

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am totally loving this bad side of Clint. He pisses me off on one hand but has me rooting for him on the other. I love it!! But that doesn't mean to say that I want Natalie to forgive him so easily and that goes for Tess/Jess too.

Tess is just making it hard for me to watch this part of the story. I just do not care for the way that Bree is portraying Tess this time around, and I cannot wait for her dimise.

Really enjoying the Dorian/Ray/Langston stuff and I didn't think I would.

• Members

I think it was last week when Tess had just locked Natalie in the room and was taunting her, I was really mesmerized by the scenes, especially the bold choice when Tess licked the glass wall that stood between Tess and Natalie. It added a whole other demented layer to the scene, and I was quite shocked... But it's really the only set of scenes that made me stop and take notice, everything else has been hammy.

• Members

Pardon my butt in, but I think the problem is you're looking for Tess to be more than she is. She's an alter. She is supposed to represent the big ball of anger that Jess has inside her from the things done to her. All the repressed anger and frustration. There isn't another side to her because she ISN'T a whole person. Just the manifestation of the very worst part of Jessica. I don't think you can expect her to think or act like a rational being because frankly she isn't. Nikki Smith represents the wild abandon, to hell with anyone, I'm going to do what I have to to get what I want side of Vicky. She works for me because I don't expect her to act rationally. She's crazy as hell and does crazy/stupid things. Tess is no different.

• Members

Not just you. That was a hoot, especially following their earlier conversation where Nora was gushing over how sweet he was to Matthew and Clint tried to convince her that was who he really is. Truthfully, that was one of the most Asalike moments I've seen for Clint to date. I am really loving JvD's Clint.

Your opinion is welcomed, so no pardon required. :)

I guess I AM looking for Tess to be more than she is in this current incarnation, because she was far more complex and multifaceted in her previous appearance. Unlike Niki Smith IMO, Tess was really an independent character that was far more than just a component of Jessica's psyche, so much so in fact, that there was significant debate on the boards about which character should emerge as dominant subsequent to "integration". Furthermore, the integrated character that did emerge was dramatically changed, and although Jessica remained dominant, she retained a significant dose of Tess that shaped her character in a way that was very different than before. So you're correct. My expectations for Tess far exceed who she appears to be now, and I can't simply disregard who I knew her to be before because it suits the story Ron Carlivati is trying to tell.

Archived