Colleen Zenk Pinter's 30th Anniversary on ATWT

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is there no love for Colleen/Barbara??

The character wasn't very exciting in her first couple of years.Romances with Steve Farrell and Tom Hughes.

Then the Dobsons took over and Barbara went front burner with the whole James/Paul back story complete with location shoots,fancy balls,shootings etc.

Colleen was/is a very beautiful woman and her chic brunette bob was very distinctive at the time ,when the big'soap opera' hair was starting to come into vogue.

• Members

For as long I have watched, Colleen has been my all time favorite. She is beautiful and a true class act.

My favorite storyline for her had to be in 1983, when they went on location to Spain. James lured Barbara into a bullring where he planned a surprise. When Barbara walked in she went to pick up flowers that James had left for her in the center of the ring, to her horror whe saw a bull charging towrds her.

As far a favorite romantic partners it had to be Hugo Napier as Gunnar St. Clare Stenbeck. I also liked her with Real Andrews as Walker Daniels, it is too bad they didn't explore that more.

It is great to see her onscreen again with Anthony Herrera (James) these two are great and have so much history.

Love her in any scenes with Kathryn Hays (Aunt Kim) and Eileen Fulton (Best Freind Lisa).

• Members

Barbara has had many different "stages" at ATWT. She was the ultimate victim for many years. Doug Marland changed all that. When Brian McColl dumped Babs for Shannon, she changed into a true soap bitch. Her rivalry with Margo was must-see TV. Then came the "back-burner" years, where she poured coffee and fretted about her kids. Hogan Sheffer put Barbara front and center by making her slightly psycho. Currently, she's just treading water, but with James back on the scene, who knows? One thing about Colleen, though - when she's on screen, she's always the center of attention. As for romantic partners, it had to be her three-time husband, Hal Munson.

• Members

Love Barbara and Colleen Zenk Pinter. She is my favorite along with Liz Hubbard.

I loved her scenes with James Stenbeck & Gunnar Stenbeck. I loved the whole Barbara, Tom, Margo & Hal storyline. Also enjoyed her battles with Emily(Melanie Smith) and Lucinda(Elizabeth Hubbard). Just classic stuff.

• Members

I remember how Jonathan Reiner would go on and on about his "Zenkie Pints" in his TV Guide online column.

I've never been an ATWT fan, but I've always thought that she is a VERY attractive lady... those eyes, the hair, she like most brunettes looks very good in red.

I admire her strength, stamina, and determination during her battle with oral cancer.

Congrats!

Archived