@Vee I don't get Joe Stuart's deal. He was revered at The Doctors, and One Life to Live. The young cast of LOVING, now older, wiser today, (Linden Ashby, Jennifer Ashe, Bryan Cranston, Susan Walters) have nothing terribly favorable to say about him. I am not at all surprised Stuart cast the last person Holly wanted to play Jack Scott - not that the actor Arthur Burghardt didn't have talent - he was in the movies! But wasn't Morgan Freeman rumored to be in the running? Morgan... Freeman... his scenes as a rival to Al Freeman, Jr. and son-in-law to Lillian Hayman would have been platinum.
As for the 'wild' story about Anthony Call and Judith Light coming back to One Life to Live for the last few months - yes, they were going to come back as Herb Callison and Karen Wolek... Callison?!?! That is what I heard - after all this time being off the story, Karen married the man who grilled her on the stand. Neither one of them felt it was plausible and said no. I have no idea how Ron Carlivati thought he could make those characters' past history justify a romantic conclusion between the two, but both actors were right to instinctively say "no, thank you".
I also never knew if there were talks of bringing Nancy Snyder back as Katrina Karr since Aubrey gave her full name as Christine Karr. Though I wonder what they would have done to her character... if Becky Lee the beloved country singer was not a con-artist racist, then what, Kat, was now a Jehovah Witness?
I so wish there was a Douglas Marland school of writing taught on how not to ruin a show and make lots of money and friends doing it, lol
By
Lust4Life76 ·
Create an account or sign in to comment