GL: September Discussion

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is possible that this show can get 0.3 rating in the 18-34 age category for the past ratings week, that is abysmal. I would recommend that they get Josh and Reva back together ASAP, that probably one of the few things that they can do to get the ratings up.

• Members

They need to get rid of the dead wood, bring back old faces like Marah, Shayne, Mindy, Philip and Alan-Michael, maybe Lucy, and give the show it's heart back. I never really understood the whole 'heart' thing but after watching old clips on YouTube (as recent as Joan Collins' turn as Alexandra and the whole Ex Wives Club thing, and as far back as the Reilly penned Blackout), I can now see that the show is lacking that 'heart' that made it so watchable

• Members

I mean can you imagine Marah's reaction when she returns to find her mother shacked up with her former lover, who has also bedded her aunt? There are so many ways they could go with this, all pointing towards a Josh/Reva reunion. Then perhaps she would get involved with Cyrus, which would leave Reva fuming as Cyrus is Grady's brother, factor in Daisy and Grady and make them interesting...maybe bring back Alan Michael for a Marah, AM, Cyrus triangle or something like that.

I think the show really needs a central heroine; I think bringing Mindy Lewis back could be great...maybe have her know Cyrus from living in Europe, do someting fun with her. GL is sorely lacking that sense of community that really makes soaps unique.

• Members

Well, EW and Co. have finally did it. They have driven me away from GL after 30 years of watching. This was my first soap and I never thought that I'd give up on it, but I have.

It's still on the 'ol DVR, but I just delete the shows without watching. :(

I mean, really, why would I care about an unreptentant murder molesting some trailer trash chick or whiny Cassie's friendship with his loser brother or (as RVD would say) Marina and her lurch lookalike boyfriend? What else is there? Bill/Lizzie? eh. They had potential, but it's been wasted. Jeffrey/Reva/Josh? played. out.

How depressing. Thanks EW & DK.

• Members

And I was really hoping that somehow, someway, someone would realize how assinine it would be to have Reva knocked up by Cassie's rapist/Marah's last SpringfieldShag and put a stop to it before it aired but alas, they did it anyway.

My only solace was that this pathetic couple got the wedding they deserved: a ridiculous white-trash joke in some random grass field in the middle of nowhere with hot-dogs and fake beer at a "reception" filled with people who were only there because it was lunch time and they didn't have anywhere indoors to go because there's no budget for air-conditioning.

This laughingstock of a show couldn't even afford to throw a half-way decent wedding for the couple that they're willing to destroy the whole canvas over! How hilarious is that?! Even the phony-baloney re-enactment of Jeva's Cross Creek wedding was better, more romantic, and more heartfelt than this farce. Did they blow ALL their money on that or on the courtroom set for Scumbag Grady's trial? And don't even get me started on the romantic stylings of PippiLongstockingMarina and her godfather, Lurch. Ugh.

Episodes like today remind that I HAVE to keep watching GL, not because it's good or because I still feel any loyalty to what it's become but simply because the sheer crappiness of it is almost awe-inspiring in and of itself. Can garbage of this magnitude really happen by accident? Or is it all part of some sick, cynical design?

• Members

What really [!@#$%^&*] pisses me off is the thought that these hacks - somehow that word doesn't really describe them - they're worse than that - will be the ones penning GL's swan song next year. :angry:

Really, how can it survive past 2009? Would CBS/P&G/TeleNext green light another year of this drivel?

And Reva REALLY PREGNANT? REALLY? How did they explain that one? She went through menopause a few years ago for cryin out loud. <_<

The madness has to end. I wish, hope, pray (all in vein I'm sure) that someone, somewhere at CBS/P&G/TeleNext would just say "screw the budget" and get a competent EP (Ed Scott) and a writer (Give Nancy Curlee anything she wants) and at least let the show go out with dignity. I know it will never happen. Like someone said a few months ago, the final scene will probably be the Foley brothers having a beer in a field somewhere.

• Members

What the f*ck was that last piece of [!@#$%^&*] episode?????!?!?!??? Reva and Jeffrey getting married, and the only people in attendance were the Coopers...it was like a nightmare come true!?!?!?

Just take the [!@#$%^&*] off my screen and cancel the show. I dont know why they didnt just say, "Hey, its been good, goodbye guys," on the 65th anniversary when the show was actually back to being good.

• Members

I know they were trying to make that wedding a 'clever' comedy of errors and all, but the guest list had me more distracted than anything - is the budget that tight? Imagine if Alan and Beth or Bill and Lizzie ever tie the knot, we'll be down to cameramen and production crew being the only ones in attendence at their weddings :rolleyes:

I've tried to not bash EW too much lately because she's supposedly doing what she can with the shoestring budget she's given, but c'mon! You'd do much better by firing the entire writing staff and hiring just 1 great HW and 2 or 3 folks who really know how to put together script, history and dialogue - then you'd be able to fill that teenie tiny little town, so Springfield has an average population of more than 6 at a time :lol:

Archived