Y&R: Billy Miller...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PREACH IT. Strippany sucked big-time and I could never understand the "fan favorite" tag applied to either the actress or the character.

She and JT consumed the show. Most of their pairings flopped and yet they never seemed to get the blame for it. I broke out the champagne the day BritBrit left. I couldn't stand seeing her whiney little face one second longer.

• Members

I liked Brit.

Loved Woodland, esp in her last year.

I do think from the jt/rianna/raul/brit/mac/jt teen days JT is the only one left. Who woulda thought that?

Exactly. VICTORA newman. She was her fathers daughter.

nick was his mothers son.

it was perfect.

• Members

Thanks for the link, Zendall Fan. I checked it out and all I can say is OMG :wub::wub: he's a hottie. I haven't ever watched AMC so I have no idea what his acting chops are like, but if he's as good as others are saying on this thread - AND - lookin the way he does.....

Then I'm onboard. :)

• Members

The Jill/Kay thing as you call it should be changed. What a stupid idea to make Kay.....Jill's mother. I am surprised it has been reversed already.

Tom is the only Victoria in my book. She played Victoria perfectly. The last two incarnations of Victoria have been pods. Heinle's Victoria has been so watered down now. She sure is not Victor's daughter.

• Members

If there is a soap god Kay and Jill's Maternal Bond WILL be reversed. It's the kind of idea that just destroyed a 30 year rivalry, one of the most epic 30 year storylines to ever hit daytime. DNA is very easily undone and while they're at it they can undo Cane is Jill's son as well!

I really like Ashley Bashioum, her Mac was believable, I never bought how upbeat Rachel Kimsey's was...she was just yucky in my opinion, didn't enjoy her at all! Bashioum also had great chemistry with Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton...Rachel Kimsey did well with Cooper (who doesn't?) but I never bought for a second that she hated Jill, not once did I ever see a glimmer of some attitude and when Walton's your screen partner any chemistry failure is on her, it ain't Jess. I also think Jess would be the one to make the 'winner' comment about Billy Miller.

Heather Tom's Victoria was EXACTLY how Victoria was written, that's not Tom's fault. Plus, the writing for Victoria was fabulous, Bill Bell and later Kay Alden 'got' what a spoiled rich bitch was meant to be. She's her father's daughter, ruthless and cruel. Dignified bitchery is Tom's trademark, if she did more of that on B&B I'd be thrilled. Heinle will never be Victoria, she's crass.

• Members

Nick has always been a little ho and Victoria was there to carry on Victor's legacy. Imagine if she were playing Victoria and we had a kick ass actor as Adam. That would be an epic battle. I often find myself wondering how it would be if she were still playing Victoria.

• Members

I knew if AMC let him go he would end up on another soap. I didn't expect it to be such a high caliber show though. I think he will do very well there, he is a great talent. He is going to be the new Peter Bergman (finding great success on Y&R after AMC)

• Members

In the last 5 years, Kay and Jill have developed a close mother/daughter bond. Maybe DNA can be easily undone, but that can't. Do you really think they'd go right back to despising each other if they found out they weren't related? Also, if they did want to re-ignite the Jill/Kay rivalry (and I sincerely hope they don't), who says they need to "unrelate" them first? Can't mother and daughter be rivals?

Why? What would be the point? If it's about Nina, they could always think of another way to bring her back.

That's because Kimsey's Mac did NOT hate Jill. They'd gotten over their hatred of one another by then. In fact, I remember a scene in 2005 in which Mac was encouraging Kay to be nicer to Jill! That was one of Kimsey's first scenes.

Lack of chemistry isn't anyone's fault - it's either there or it isn't. Being a good actor doesn't necessarily guarantee chemistry.

At least 50% of the viewers have warmed to Heinle and accepted her as Victoria, so it's arguable that Heinle is Victoria now.

Archived