Y&R: Would Victor have minded if one of his kids were gay?

• Members

When Adam first came to Genoa City, I was hoping that those phone calls were to a boyfriend, no matter what they were showing us onscreen. It seemed so perfect, so natural. Of course, Adam turned out straight, but it made me wonder what the reaction would be if he was gay, or if original Victoria or Nick were. Then, the subject was touched on the weekly thread and it got me thinking: How would The Great Victor Newman react to this?

There are times when I think Victor would not have accepted it, times when I think he would but, ultimately, I think Victor would be one of those "I don't mind it, but I don't want it for my kids" kind of guys. That doesn't stop him from accepting it down the line, but I think that's how he would react initially.

Of course, this touches on a much broader subject, the one about gay life in GC in general, and who cares what VN's reaction would be, but still I just wanted to see what people thought about this? :lol:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Victor would have no problem with one of his children being gay. He is obnoxious and demands obedience from his children and the women in his life, but he has never been a bigot or exhibited any type of intolerance.

• Members

Yeah, Victor wouldn't have an issue if one of his kids was gay. Victor may be tough and demanding...but he does give a damn about the happiness of his children and is usually quite supportive (the sad fact being that when Victor doesn't support his kids it's usually for a good reason ie: Nick, Jack and Restless Style)

Rather, it would be Nikki who would be the one to freak out.

• Members

I haven't WATCHED watched the show in a while, so Devon was dating Tatyana Ali's character? She's a little old for him. But then again, this is a Ray J and Whitney kinda world.

I don't know, people praise Bryton for his "understated" performances but to me he always looks like someone just spritzed him in the face with one of those spray bottles we use on the plants.

• Members

Devon would be perfect as Adam's boyfriend! They rarely show Devon with his supposed girlfriend and just think about the reactions of both Victor and Neil, Adam's and Devon's dads, who work so closely at Newman Enterprises. Neil totally kisses Victor's ass so how would this gay revelation be perceived?

Archived