SOD Days: Surprise Olympic Story

• Members

Beginning on August 11, things are going to look a whole lot different in Salem, as DAYS will offer special programming because of NBC"s Olympic coverage.

Two limited story arcs will play out. One will will in the hospital and will center around Stefano , and the other will be Nicole's Drunken fantasy that takes place in the 1940's and will have a film noir feel.

After the two weeks, DAYS will pick up where they left off with bigger, ongoing stories.

The hospital story will feature Kayla/Steve/EJ/Sami/Nicole/Tony/Anna/ John/Marlena. Nicole sees something shocking in the hospital that kicks off her "film noir" fantasy that will focus on Lucas/Sami/Chloe/Nicole/EJ.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With writers quitting and actors re-writing their scenes, it's clear that Days has no real direction right now, so by focusing on only two stories for two weeks, one of which is a fantasy/dream, the powers that be can use that time to attempt to clean up their mess and refocus the stories, and perhaps settle their writer crises.

• Members

Days won't be airing in its normal timeslot during the Olympics and will probably be hard to find if you don't have DVR..So i think its a good idea to do stand alone stories..And i like the stories they picked..Hey it could have been Max/Stephanie in France and a Daniel/Chelsea 1940's fantasy..

• Members

I like the idea of these two short-ended storylines for the Olympics, but I do hope this doesn't become a regular thing for DAYS or have them opt for a telenovela style...if you're a younger show like Port Charles you can experiment with this type of thing, but a show like DAYS cant.

And as KevC1980 said, it could have been Max/Stephanie in France, so let's just be thankful they're centering these week long stories around more interesting characters. If anything, this could draw new viewers to the show, especially due to the Soapnet showings.

• Members

Does it matter what Days puts on? You know NBC will not count those two weeks in the ratings. They will all be coded as specials. It will interesting if the Olympics affects the daytime ratings negatively or positive. And will Days drop to new lows after the Olympics? Will GL surpass it in the ratings? So many questions.

• Administrator

I've always wanted a soap to do film noir for a week or two. I'm glad it's going to be Ed Scott and his directors - at least it's gonna look good.

And I can't wait to see Stefano again and I hope this time he'll interact with J/M a lot more!

I don't mind the idea of two weeks of stand alone episodes and stopping the current stories (which suck, so woohooo!) either since it's during the Olympics.

Archived