ATWT: Week of July 28th

• Members

I can see Brad giving Parker the high five for boinking the girl. :lol: This is so not Brad. This is Pod/Psycho Brad.

Jack just said she was a good person to be around. I got that to mean fun to be with. Jack gets how clueless and dumbwitted Janet is and he wants to just be around that right now. It's a distraction from Carly and Holden. Which he hasnt fully come to terms with. He hasnt even confronted Holden for that matter.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not only would he have been high-fivin' Parker, he would have checked the girl out himself.

Janet is one of the only characters I have ever been tempted to label a dumb lay. It's nothing against Julie Pinson, who I think is beautiful and a good actress. Janet is one of the most naive sluts I've ever seen on a show. And she's written that way, IMO. Even her wardrobe screams "bought off the show off the rack rack".

I will say, Jack probably just predicted how their affair will end. They'll just drift apart when Jack starts dealing with whatever the next crisis with Carly and the kids is.

• Members

Well, as much as I hate Brad, I wouldn't say he's exactly a hypocrite in this situation or if he is I think it's very understandable that he's had a change of heart. Does any guy want their daughter treated the way they have treated girls when they were young? I'm going to go with a big NO, for about 95% of men on that. Having a daughter seems to radically change men's perspective and I think that makes total sense. Maybe more so for a man who has been their since their daughter was born, but I think in any situation, he's not going to be high fiving anyone about banging his little girl.

I think Henry and Vienna have run their course. I want to see Henry with someone else now and V can go back to Europe.

• Members

Brad's hypocrite-ness is about more than Parker and Liberty. He's tried to cut Janet out of Liberty's life, he's told Jack and Janet how to live their lives, he's lectured Parker on Snyder Family Values when Brad has barely shown any himself over the last year and a half. I'm only surprised he hasn't come out to the farm and lectured Holden and Carly about their little no-no. All this time Brad's gotten in Jack's face for being the uptight, upright, stick in the mud Snyder. All it took for Brad to morph into the role was three months of playing daddy.

I'm on the end Henry/V train too. Apparently, it's okay in Vienna's world to do bad things, as long as you don't lie to anyone about them? (I guess that covers her screwing Gray...) Whatthefuckever.

• Members

I like Henry and Vienna...they're both characters with a lot of potential that ATWT has failed to explore by placing them in one comedy caper after another...the comic relief characters work best in serious stories, giving a light edge to darker subject matter. They may not ever be frontburner, but have them in stories outwith of each other, have Vienna strike up a friendship with Janet and a rivalry with Katie, re-explore the Mike/Henry friendship (Mark Collier PLEASE come home)...

• Members

Two PERFECT "Come to Jesus" moments today....Parker nailing Jack on his messed up life, and Jack laying into Janet about treating Liberty as a girlfriend more than as her daughter. (Yes, my inner Carjack fanbitch was jumping up and down at Jack/Janet strife....:D I'll take what happy moments I can get.)

On the downside...am I really supposed to sympathize with Liberty because she cries over not "being a little girl" anymore? Like ten minutes after she was warming up to go at it with Parker again?

I was thisclose to cheering Lily....but honestly, she already knew "somehow" that Carly and Holden did it at camp. Yeah...I get that the thought Faith might have seen something was nasty. But this is the woman who walked out of Thanksgiving dinner to go and do Dusty. What her kids "knew" has rarely bothered her before.

I really don't like how stuff is "handled" off-screen. Today, I wasn't sure if Jack had told Carly everything about Parker and Lib. Luckily(?), tomorrow's previews cleared it up for me.

I'm tired of the Henry/V saga...and I can't help thinking that TIIC screwed up a pairing that could have been something really BIG.

• Members

I also enjoyed their fight. But Janet isnt as dumb as we thought. :lol: Calling out Jack on things either being only white or black for the Snyder men. :lol: So true.

I was cheering Lily on. I loved it! :lol: Holden deserved everything he got. I was lol when Lily left him at the camp. :lol: Holden was real pathetic today trying to be the good guy in all of this mess.

Their scenes today were good but do I really care what they were fighting about? No!

• Members

I still think Janet's as dumb as a box of rocks.

It's hard for me to be in Lily's corner. I've spent years moaning about her whining, self-absorbed inner Princess. Yeah, Holden deserves it. And I'm so sick of seeing him lie to both these women. This story just lost me, and watching Lily unspool and then get in Carly's face like she's the problem is repetitive and boring.

• Members

:lol: I agree. I feel the same way about Austin Peck's Brad. :lol:

It is so out of character for Lily to leave Holden like that. I couldnt see Martha's version of Lily doing such a thing that's why I loved it so much. I've got to say NB may not be Lily but her acting has been much better than Hensley's. I also was lol when Carly got stuck with Holden...lol. Carly should have left them at the camp with winki....lol.

• Members

:lol:

Today's show was ok. I wish Carly would have slapped the hell out of Parker. He needs a smackdown.

I am still loving bitchy Lily. But Holden finally got her to calm down. It's interesting how Holden was saying to do it for the kids. I remember not too long ago he was treating the kids like crap too and keeping them away from Lily.

Gosh....how bad has Van Hansis acting got? The serious scenes he does are good. But the funny/scenes with Noah have become so bad. Too much of Jake Silbermann's bad acting is rubbing off on him. I hate they way he acts his scenes opposite Silbermann. His scenes opposite Karl Girolamo were so much better.

I loved seeing Emma again.

• Members

Ugh....I can't stand the Holden/Lily stuff. Every time Holden gives his heavily edited version of events, I feel like he's lying his ass off. Lily continues to unspool, and while it's less annoying to watch with NB in the role (sorry, Dusty...:)) it's still Lily avoiding some basic truths about her marriage, and pulling her kids further into this mess. I was glad Holden finally threw her affair with Dusty in her face. Yeah, Holden had filed for divorce when they actually slept together. But Lily was clearly involved with Dusty emotionally long before that.

Stupid line of the day...Lily to Carly...."you can't just have sex with Holden, and then pretend everything's okay." YEAH...uh, isn't that EXACTLY what you did Lil?

*heartfelt sigh* Loved me some Carjack today. LOVED that Carly got to blow up at him for keeping the facts from her, and having some "discussion" with Janet and not her. LOVED that Jack encouraged her to go take some time for herself and let things settle. And LOVED that he told her this situation wasn't all her fault. NOW, if he'd only get to say that to Holden...someday in the foreseeable future.

Brad/Janet/Lib....kind of ridiculous.

Archived