Y & R: Jack strikes again

• Members

I have to admit, Y&R is suddenly taking a turn for the gory. Dismembered bodies? Car crash photos? I know ratings are down and everyone's panicking, but sheesh, I don't think giving viewers nightmares should be the answer, lol.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jack has always been a conflicted character though. He's always struggled between doing the right and wrong thing, and more than often he's chosen to do the wrong thing. He's been like that ever since the character was introduced. Sharon even recently said she can't trust his promises because she knows he'll do whatever he wants, whether it's right or wrong.

• Members

Jack has had a lot of character growth? Yeah, ok, manipulating Victor when he was going through his seizures into getting him to sign away his company; Jack who went against his partners and published a scathing, inaccurate piece on Victor's wife; the same Jack who manipulated his father into writing Gloria out of his will and leaving her with nothing.

This IS Jack Abbott. In his mind, what he's doing is just business. He is a publisher, this is news. It it bleeds, it leads, that's Jack's mindset in this one.

• Members

I can definitely seeing Jack printing the pictures of dying Sabrina under those circumstances. Victor will say or do something that causes Jack to try to hurt Victor as much as he can. He and Victor bring out the worse in each other. I adore Jack because he is an anti-hero, a flawed character who always pays for his actions unlike Victor. I think that this is a great development for Jack. He has been on the sideline for too long. He should always be in the middle of all the action on Y&R. This act may even cost him Sharon which I think is better for him in the long run.

I am convinced that Jack's coming to the forefront of Y&R again is Hogan's doing. Hogan sees Jack as his ATWT Craig. This will be a great thing for Peter Bergman and for the character of Jack for a while before Hogan takes it too far. With any luck MAB reigns in Hogan's most destructive tendencies.

Archived