Bernard Lechowick a candidate for WGA Board

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, no award. Because it's not the worst comment ever, it's the worst comment you made (of course, here's Toups to cheer for you and he's always there when someone replies "wittily" to my remarks).

And where did you pick the habit (oh, what a bad allusion)? Must be you always had it.

• Members

I still firmly believe in what I said. I just don't know how does elitism tie into our discussion.

I am the problem, only I. I tend to burst into flames occasionally. :D When I first read brimike's comment, I found it condescending and downright sarcastic and I had to respond. But that wasn't what fired the gun - it was Toups' sneaky comment. Instead of confronting me directly, he tends to support people's opinions which go against mine. Usually by trying to make a laughing stock of what I said. It never works, though. B)

So I apologize to brimike. I have no idea what happened here. :unsure:

• Members

Ohhh, okay, lol. I hope you and brimike clear up your differences, though. In retrospect, I can see how anyone would misinterpret the meaning behind his words; brimike, though, probably meant no harm (right, brimike?).

• Members

You know, I'll never understand why people choose to act as if Y&R is the only show LML and BL have ever written for. Before they came to Y&R, many of the show's fans weren't familiar with their work at all (not making a generalization, just an observation), yet they're quick to call them hacks and bash their whole careers...without seeing any of their work beyond Y&R.

Take me, for instance. I watched Y&R on and off (usually one or two episodes per week) and kept up with the storylines during LML's rein over the show. Yeah, most of it was horrible and I could have definitely done without Pheila. BUT, at the same time, I've also seen their show "Homefront," which was two seasons of amazing drama that I loved. So, you see, it's hard for me, personally, to call them hacks for what they did to Y&R because those same hacks created, produced, and wrote one of my favorite primetime soaps. At the same time....it's hard for me to call them "legends" (for lack of a better term) because of the way they contributed to Y&R becoming utter bullshit.

Eh. Believe it or not, I don't speak of anyone in this thread, so I hope no one here takes offense.

• Members

Believe me - I've read a whole bunch of posts when does two came on board about how great (but misunderstood) their work was. I was against them from the start. But - how can their shows be so good, yet all of them got cancelled? Please don't mention Homefront.

• Members

Are you serious? If I had a dollar for every truly good show that's been canceled...and yes, I edited my post and mentioned "Homefront." Why shouldn't I? It was a very, very good show with interesting characters and storylines. But in the early 1990s, a primetime drama about several families in 1945 really wasn't going to get good ratings no matter how good it was. Also consider that in its second season, it aired on Thursdays, opposite NBC's powerhouse lineup. None of the shows on ABC or CBS on Thursdays that season made it to the next season.

• Members

Wow, I go out to dinner, and I come home to all of THIS?! LOL!!!

Honestly?! I took every exchange between me and Sylph on the previous page as just our usual banter. He accused me of treating people like morons, which to me meant I was condescending, which relates back to elitism, and it reminded me of our earlier exchange about elitism, and I was having fun being half-of-the-whole of one-upmanship that Sylph and I end up doing, and we both (I think... I know I do, and I hope I'm not speaking out of line for my cohort) really enjoy.

There were no serious complaints, no "mod-involvement", and I meant it as just harmless quasi-antagonist-but-fully-meaningless back-and-forth conversation.

And I appreciated Toups' comment NOT because of any kind of subtext that he was defending me...I love you, Toups, but I don't need defending, and I think everyone knows that. I just thought Toups understood that the whole thing was meant to be laughed at, which is what he did. (A similar conversation happened between Sylph and another post-er a few weeks ago, where JP and I sat back and cracked up at the banter. I think I even made an eating-popcorn reference.) I think of it as SON "fencing". EN GARDE! :-)

I didn't mean to drag everybody else into it. I apologize to Sylph. I apologize to Toups. I apologize to everyone who posted a whole second page of this thread trying to mend fences. The fences are completely intact. I've got nothing but respect for Sylph, and everyone else. It's all good. My sincerest apologies.

:)

• Members

Yes, I am serious. Not all, but 90% of the shows that get cancelled deserved to be. And their shows were of such type.

I find their work terrible. And they proved it - destroyed the best daytime drama in less than a year. So you can defend the all you want, but they will still be - hacks. Clearly, they picked the wrong profession.

Archived