Bernard Lechowick a candidate for WGA Board

• Members

WGAW finalizes board candidates

The Writers Guild of America West has finalized the list of candidates running for eight open seats on its board of directors.

Guild will announce the election results on Sept. 23. Members can vote by mail or at the guild's annual membership meeting on Sept. 22.

The 19 candidates running for a two-year term on the board include incumbents Aaron Mendelsohn, Mark Gunn, David A. Goodman, John F. Bowman and Kathy Kiernan. The other candidates (order of listing determined by WGAW election rules) are: Howard Michael Gould, Tim Day, Timothy J. Lea, Bernard Lechowick, Aaron Solomon, Mick Betancourt, Karen Harris, Kat Smith, Howard Kuperberg, Kevin Droney, Ashley Gable, Dwayne Johnson-Cochran, Katherine Fugate and Luvh Rakhe.

WGAW board election comes seven months after the guild and its East Coast counterpart ended a 100-day strike against Hollywood's majors. A number of the incumbent and new board candidates were active as strike captains or played other prominent roles during the contract battle.

WGAW plans to hold a candidates forum Sept. 3 at its Third Street HQ.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117989353.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eeeeeee, Karen Harris!

LOL, don't know why I said that. I just like her work.

Lechowick is LML's hubby, right? As I recall, on Y&R, he seemed to temper the worst of her excesses. At times. Out of Our Asses notwithstanding.

• Members

You know... I've been thinking (yeah, it's that preposterously presumptuous kind of sentence)... This might be a good thing: since he's was so involved with the strike and defended the interests of the writers, that might mean he will:

PUNISH THE SCABS!

• Members

then a writer goes ficore they tell the WGA and decalre ficore. they still pay dues but are not a full member. they do this either because they NEED to because of the money, want to keep the show going, or whatever.

a scap is someone who pretends to not be writing but is behind everyones back for personal gain.

• Members

The Lechowick/Latham clan has long been heavily involved in WGA activities, for twenty years. There's nothing really surprising about this. And it's not like the board sits around writing scripts. :lol: :lol: It's not about talent. Well, not writing talent at least.

Archived