AMC: Taylor/Jake Promo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup. GH fans hated being told Jax and Sam were going to be a supercouple before Sam even first aired, and now ABC is doing it again.

A couple of things:

1. RPG and BE are not emmy winners! That's a complete lie. That stupid little "best couple" thing they won was not an emmy.

2. "The new Taylor and Jake?" HUH? That makes no sense. How can BethE be the new Taylor?

• Members

ABC never learns. They continue to promote the wrong thing. Granted AMC isn't telling anything worth promoting right now, but seriously? Jake and Taylor or Take? Take, I have to give credit for the name as I didn't come up with TAKE. I read it on another board and love it. The poster deemed it fitting seeing how it looks like Jake and Taylor's "story" will be taking up all of our air time.

All that being said though, I feel that promo isn't for us. It's for RPG and BeE and to stick it to CBS, period.

• Members

Ding..ding...ding...we have a winner! :D If there were so popular on GL the ratings for the show would have been through the roof. Nothing against the AMC fans but I hope this flops big time ....just because of BE and RPG.

• Members

I hope their story is good because it has a lot of potential, but these things never work out on ABC...hyped up insta-SuperCouples (Jax and Sam, Ryan and Annie) or reuniting popular pairings from other soaps (Stephen Nicols and Mary Beth Evans, Jason Cook and Kirsten Storms, Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn) never works out...there needs to be good writing behind it and viewers need to care about these characters before thrusting them into frontburner storylines.

I hope this works out well because I really want Pratt's AMC to be a success, but I honestly wish they'd look at the talented cast they already have before putting all their hopes on a popular pairing they stole from GL to save their ratings...if they couldn't do it on Guiding Light, the show that their pairing was so popular on, then are they really going to do much better on All My Children? I give it six months before Taylor's paired with Aidan.

• Members

Soapsy I can't agree, they were popular on GL, and no one couple should have to raise the ratings. If the writing sucks, then nothing is gonna do much for ratings......

Yep exactly! This is gonna flop badly. I remember how Frons came out and declared Ryan & Annie a Super Couple, and look how that turned out :lol:

• Members

Gus & Harley were kinda cute together at the very, very beginning of the GusH story but they were overexposed, overhyped, and way too many core characters were butchered to give them story because Gus was never anything more than a smug, slimy Mallet knock-off who dragged Harley down into the muck. As a result, there were alot of GL fans, myself included, who were thrilled that they FINALLY left. The way that GL lost Ehlers and Goldin was humiliating and a PR disaster but on-screen, the show is already better off for their absence. They're no longer sucking up airtime or dragging down all the other characters in their vicinity. If AMC fans are lucky, they will be paired up immediately and isolated into one corner of the canvas so you can FF them together and not miss too much of the characters you actually care about. But if they are the center of an umbrella story that all of Pine Valley revolves around as Pratt seems to suggest, then AMC is in my thoughts and prayers because we GLers had to suffer through these two as the end-all, be-all of Springfield for nearly three years and it wasn't pretty. Add to that the fact that their whole story will probably be some cheap primetime knockoff and you can almost hear this storyline going S-P-L-A-T on the windshield already.

I can tell you that as a GL fan who is thrilled to be rid of Gus & Harley I'm not exactly eager to tune in to AMC to see GusH2: The Even More Boring and Ridiculous Sequel "from the beginning". I don't think AMC fans are gonna be too happy about seeing all of their characters disappear into the ether just to watch some pre-packaged "supercouple" that are refugees from a show with even worse ratings than their own. While I don't fault Ehlers or Goldin one bit for leaving GL, I think ABC/AMC is making a big mistake here and the presumption that these two are just so undeniably awesome together that they MUST, just MUST be paired together even if it's on a show where no one knows them or the earth will fall off it's axis is just assinine to me. GL's ratings didn't even fall when Gus & Harley left, they fell precipitously about three weeks after the transition to the new production format, which was totally expected, and they have been starting to stabilize since then. I think GusH's popularity has always been grossly exaggerated, especially after all the horrible stories Kreizman put them in seemed to cost them, BE/Harley especially, alot of their early fanbase. People who liked them loved them passionately, but, by the end, those of us who were sick to death of them seemed to be in the majority.

• Members

I hate them already as well

there was another Taylor. Completely different character, but technically Beth Ehlers would be a new Taylor since this isnt the old one. Besides I dont think the word new was used in reference to them as recasts, but to them as the new supercouple

Archived