EMMY NOMINATION QUESTION

Gordon24

• Members

Can anyone tell me how the actors send in their tapes for consideration? How many clips can they send in? How long can they be or can it be the entire episode?

I seen many of the actors on the youtube Emmy Channel and the clips were only 4 minutes long, is that the maximum length an entry for consideration can be?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actors can submit two episodes. They normally cut out anything that doesn't have to do with them or their character. They don't submit clips its just two different episodes of their work from Jan 1st-Dec 31st.

The Youtube channel just put 4 minute selections of ONE of the actors tapes. It was probably a copy right law.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Just one episode.

They don't do clips - though I kinda wish they would because I think it is ridiculous that they can only submit two episodes of their work when daytime has 250 episodes many of the nominees appear in over 100 episodes.

Primetime Emmy's submit more episodes and they only make 22-25 episodes a year.

• Members

As of last year the shows do not pick the prenoms alone anymore. According to the rule book from last year a panel picks the prenoms now. that was changed to try and get rid of the politics that Victoria Rowell brought up. Now every actor on a show can submit themselves and submit a tape. A panel that is made up of actors, producers, writers on the show then judge all the tapes and pick the top 3 in each category from the show.

In the past many times it was supposed to be voted on by the whole cast but in some instances the producers were submitting who they wanted and not allowing the cast to have any say so.

So last year that changed.

They did this round of judging for the pre-prenoms and cut out the final judging on the nominees to pick the winner.

And I agree about them needing to submit more tapes or more episodes, but can you imagine the complaining that would take place then. The actors and actresses that judged last year complained that having a 3rd pre-nom in each category made it too hard for them to watch all the tapes. So they would really complain if they had to pick more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

According to this years rulebook:

This is how I remember it last year though I could be wrong since they are ALWAYS changing things back and forth. I remember it being the shows decided the pre-nominees and that list was leaked in late February or early March which was before the judging was even done and that at home panel viewed all those tapes (this is where they complained about having too many nominees to view everything). That panel determined the final nominees and the winner was already chosen at this point as well.

Archived