Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thought I'd share this pic of Aaron and Nate, as I'm starting to dig them as a potential couple now. I quite like Aaron, but it's a shame they didn't hire someone with less limited range. What do others think of Aaron and him and Nate hooking up?

11698719_10153449091753351_1584107232593

I noticed it attracted a lot of homophobia on Instagram, but I was encouraged to see one bigot (the only one) get shut down on Facebook by loads of people.

Meanwhile, Gina Liano seems to be dividing the audience, with some saying she's OK, with a limited range, while others are being brutal in calling her acting plastic, and looking like she's transgender. Ouch. IMO, for someone who is not an actor, I think she's doing OK.

• Members

I just saw Gina Liano appear, the Hulu airings don't have her acting yet.

My one thing against Nate and Aaron is that it would mean that Tyler Brennan is a good judge of potential couples. I find that to be a bit frightening.

• Members

So, Hulu is UK pace - 2 weeks behind Oz pace. I wonder if that's the same for Home & Away?

LOL. I'm just imagining Tyler setting up his own dating service and, matching people up based on singular attributes, like blonde hair, or b/c they're the only two people he knows who like the colour magenta. And, he'll be right, of course!

• Members

I'm so happy about Steph returning permanently. I think they'll write her in-character this time, and do her mental health issue a much better service than in 2013.

This is the right time to bring back a popular character, especially one with so many ties to RS.

• Members

I think she suffered post-natal depression after giving up her son Adam (which led to her running over Ringo which led to her prison sentence) then a breakdown whilst in prison, and upon her release stopped taking her medication, which led to a (somewhat poorly depicted) psychotic breakdown, resulting in her kidnapping Lucas and Vanessa's child.

• Members

I think Steph will need to be more like her old self (prior to 2013) in order to have longevity again. I can see her taking over the garage again, and going back to being a mechanic, something that always suited the character.

I'm wondering if Lucas and Vanessa will be returning for another guest stint around this time? They did say some of the 30th anniversary returnees would be making more appearances, and they couldn't have just been referring to Hilary. It could fit with the quote about some people being against Steph.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Neighbours episodes will be broadcast on the same day in both Australia and the UK from January. Good news for fans of the show. 

Does anybody else remember back in the late 80s/early 90s (when the UK lagged 18 months behind Oz) that there were premium rate phone lines you could call for spoilers on upcoming plots?! 

Anyway, hopefully this will soon become the norm for all current soaps. Surely in these days of social media, etc, it's the only way ahead?

http://about.channel5.com/node/2166