EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always thought people tended to underrate Jessie Wallace as an actress because of how "big" of a character Kat was and how "brassy" she could be. I don't think Kat would have come as alive with another actress, Jessie was just meant to play this role.

John Yorke is very fond of her, too, and Charlie Brooks as well. My girls. :lol::wub:

http://www.walfordweb.co.uk/item.php?id=2216

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Spoilers and pics from next week's HORRIFIC teen week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/2010/05/picture-gallery-wc-31-may-2010.shtml

The only thing I'm looking forward to next week is next Friday's episode with the start of the Kirkwood era and Vanessa's entrance.

Also, though the Pat/Peeggy stuff is a bit ridiculous, I'm looking forward to the location stuff around London...

• Members

It's funny that Kirkwood is getting rid of both Zsa Zsa and Leon soon too. :lol:

I bet if Santer had stayed, they would have been the new "stars" of the teen set. He seemed very content with both characters.

Mercy was the only one with any promise on E20, so I don't mind them developing her more, which I guess saves Fatboy some time...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Yeah it's odd that the original plans for the E20 group coming to EE did not even involve Mercy. I'm not going to praise her before she's actually on the show but I did enjoy her on E20 and I'm hoping she can help fill a niche here, since the show needs more down-to-earth teen characters.

The first scenes for the E20 group were so horrible, sometimes I still wonder what was going on. Yet, you're probably right, if Santer had had his way it would have been Zsa Zsa and Leon, especially since Zsa Zsa had the Stacey/Whitney wannabe entrance.

That was also around the time poor Todd was abruptly dumped after many months of buildup. I guess we won't ever see him again.

Apparently they released two new photos of Glenda. I guess that doesn't mean anything (Leon just had two or three released) but hopefully it means she might stay around.

http://www.walfordweb.co.uk/item.php?id=2418

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I can see them doing a lot with Lucy if they develop her more, and stop using her as a plot device.

I think Abi might also be better off if she's written in a bitchy manner. That scene where she was nasty to Ben was one of her better moments.

• Members

Here's another Anita Dobson video from 1987. ITV's Chart Show called this the worst video of the year. I don't know enough to say, but it is kind of annoying when she keeps mugging for the camera. The best part is when she turns into Brian May.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Stacey stabbing that blow up chair Mo got her while Heather was sitting on it in Tuesday's episode. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Stacey and Ryan scenes in the Vic were kind of good too.

Ryan: Yeah, she [Mo] reckons I look like Burt Reynolds...

Stacey: I don't see it, I told her you look more like James Dean.

Ryan: You think so?

Stacey: Yeah ... after the accident. :lol: :lol:

I actually didn't mind Whitney and Leon today... :mellow:

I assume these episodes were taped just a few weeks ago as Lacey is sporting the same hair she had at the British Soap Awards...