EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have not watched this show regularly in aeons, but I did watch yesterday's show on YT and was fairly impressed. I wish there was an easier way to find the show to watch here in the US, or maybe I just don't know of it.

As I said in Carl's status update, I often like these dark, domestic secret stories - the problem is EE seems to have done a thousand of them and they all come down to destroyed families, deeply damaged or insane young people and, from what I've seen anyway, no real redemption or reunification. After a certain point it just wears on me to watch that again and again, and I usually love that [!@#$%^&*]. I just can't deal with there being no catharsis, and I fear the same for the Beales, though their keeping the secret is, in the pitch, a great idea.

Oh, and I also was very impressed to hear some of this was live. I wish our soaps would do that. OLTL should have made it an annual tradition.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don't see why the BBC can't do a deal with hulu or Netflix to add EE. Hulu has Coronation Street, Hollyoaks and Neighbours.

What did Ben strike Heather with which caused her death? Was it a clock? What Bobby did was too similar.

I stand by my Maddy Hill love. If she wasn't at her best this week it was because she was handed melodramatic, plot-driven material. She's an actress who shines in personal drama, not melodrama.

• Members

A picture frame.

I can't remember if Nancy has ever had personal drama. Admittedly I skipped a lot of the Carter stuff last season. I know she had epilepsy and got married or something.

Speaking of Carters, I still have no idea why Tina exists. She spent all her scenes this week wandering around like a blind woman. Odd.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I think I mentioned this before but it would be risky: Nancy falls hard for a Muslim man and converts, down to wearing the hijab. And she might even become radicalized. I know that Kush has been established as not being a practicing Muslim (he's an Iranian Muslim) but I think it would be interesting if he was actually radicalized already and that friendly, open, gregarious nature of his is a cover for something a lot more sinister. As I wrote, it would be risky and I doubt DTC has the stomach to have this played out.

• Members

The only time I can remember a show having a white woman converted to Islam was the store owner on Shameless...if I remember right, she was far more devout than her husband (a closeted homosexual), who was the reason she'd converted (of course they are now on Emmerdale and she works in his character's toffee factory - must be weird now to play scenes together).