EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was nice to see Adam treated as one of the main faces for the 30th, especially as his role in the 25th mostly amounted to watching a home video with Dot and getting berated by Phil. Ian should be a central character to Eastenders, yet for whatever reason he often is treated as just the opposite.

• Members

For anyone who didn't want to search though the EE Live Backstage clip, here is the trailer alone of upcoming scenes:

Tons of sh!t with the Carter's obviously, but I'm mostly interested in the other stuff - Peter/Lauren's goodbye, Sharon's bio family, Sharon trying to help Dot, and the Harry revisitation with Kat (as I hope this is a fully realized and character-driven story for her finally).

I'm guessing Kat refuses to initially participate in a case against Harry when one of his other victims pops up, and Linda finds out and tries to project her own insecurities about her own rape on to Kat, which causes the fight in the Vic.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

That first one veers on the far side of parody (although Mark beating Nick's ass is pretty much perfect television)

Whatever happened with Pete in his last years in Walford always creeps me out a little. He went from being a very real, believable man (and yes, Peter Dean couldn't act, but he still worked in the role of the meathead who tried but it was never enough) to being a game show presenter who got lost on the Square.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I love Toddy Carty/Mark Fowler. Mark was such a gentle soul. I hate when they killed him offscreen, which was totally unnecessary. People with HIV live long lives and now with science getting one step closer to curing this ailment, Mark should still be living and be on the Square. He's another death that I wouldn't mind seeing them undo as he died offscreen.

I'd add Angie too the list as well but that would be too much.

Back to Mark, I loved him because he was one of the few to stand up to Phil even though he used to lose to him. I also hated how that sow, Peggy, treated Mark early on when everyone learned he had HIV. Makes me miss Pauline too because besides Sharon and Pat, no one could read Peggy for filth.

Does anyone know if Todd Carty still acts? I miss his presence onscreen.