AMC: Tuesday, July 8, 2008

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, here is hoping beyond hope that Greenlee is a spoiler in the obvious upcoming Jake/Taylor pairing.

What are you talking about? HATED Angie's hair. Hot. Mess.

The problem is that nuColby drunk and nuColby with a hangover are the same. Yuk. Why did they recast?

I think Yaya is the one selling this I Know What You Did Last Summer storyline. This girl may have chops.

Here's hoping making Jesse COP will keep the vigilante justice at bay, because it's very McT. Unfortunately, this could be a way to marginalize the character. If A and J do not get a bonafide storyline soon, the return will have been for naught.

• Members

I'm glad we're at least seeing Dre and Cassandra in scenes, etc. Dre has been ont eh canvas nearly a year. At first Ihought B/E were being clever and introducing characters organically and slowly but then I realized they just didn't know what they were doing--we saw less of him (and his weird friends--are they even in a band anymore?) and no one even remembered them. So now I think maybe the other way--THROWING them into a story (and Cassandra being involved maybein a murder and who her parents are is a neat element) and then letting us get to know and maybe like them is the way to go. lol

Agreed and it actually made there some point to Colby's drunken party--which I was worried would be one random scene and have no story repercussions or connections

• Members

Agreed. my worry is soaps have had a bad history of making the main black character head of police (or other authority figures) and never giving them a proper story. I'm thinking of Derek for years on AMC (and Livia his sister), though he did start on the show with a pretty major story in 91-92. Or more classic examples, Captain Hall I think on One Life to Live who got less and less story over the years and of course Ellen Holly;'s character ended up with and havign less and less story. Didn't AMC in the 70s have a black couple who were there mainly to talk to others? Anyway the black chief of police with less and less story seems to be a soap cliche of sorts and I hope that in 2008 this isn't what we'll get.

I do like that already they've addressed the vigilante stuff--it make s me more comfortable accepting it in Zack and crew when it's clear that the cops are against it--and Jesse no less. But I hope Jesse and Angie actually get their own story.

• Members

Except for Angie's hair, ITA! The Jake/Greenlee scenes were fantastic. I loved when he pointed out how she obsesses over men, which is so true and it's about time someone brought it up.

Cassandra/Dre are great together and I'm already rooting for them as a couple.

I actually watched the entire episode (thanks, Amanda L Beall, for another excellent script!) and I loved both JR's protectiveness towards Colby and his honest reaction to Babe possibly moving out. It was nice to see JR actually admit his feelings for a change instead of snarking at Babe and Babe's response that she would stay but in another room to support him was perfect, too.

I know I say it too much, but NuColby is terrible. They should just bring back Ambyr.

I'm also concerned that Jesse could be marginalized as the cop instead of having his own storyline. I'm also relieved that the vigilante justice finally seems to be over!

In the 70s and early 80s, AMC had Jesse's uncle and aunt, Frank & Nancy Grant, who didn't have much story of their own from the time I started watching circa 1980. Hopefully that won't happen now with Jesse & Angie.

Archived