Lea Delaria on contract at OLTL?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know they have, leevo64; in the long run, however, I don't believe that will do either Jared or Charlie any favors. Honestly, as soon as Jared was outed as a fraud, I was ready emotionally to say goodbye to him and to his dad.

• Members

No, that's because she was always in L.A., and has commented that she never watched the show before or while she was writing it. <_<

Explains so much doesn't it? :D

And Ron is cool....he really seems to care about the show, which is one of the reasons I think he is so good. :)

• Members

I don't know how much I agree with you on some of those names. David could use a short-term contract, but I don't see a need for it. Tuc Watkins has shown his dedication to the show enough for them to know that he's gonna be around for whatever they have planned for David's current stay in Llanview. Jared, Charlie, Gigi, and Brody, on the other hand, are being developed as characters who are going to stick around. They were all eased into the show's canvas over several months and all of them are in storylines with more prominent characters, so I see no reason why any of them should hit the bricks any time soon.

Right. I remember during the Michael Cambias rape hearing/murder trial on AMC back in summer/fall 2003, the folks who played Michael's lawyer, the new assistant DA, and the judge were all on contract but their roles never expanded beyond the courtroom proceedings.

• Members

I actually knew that, but I love hearing the same reaction from others. LOL. While I've been somewhat disappointed with RC the last few weeks, it's clear he loves and respects the genre. His enthusiasm for his work is evident. Dena embodies what I find most disturbing about the industry. It has no self respect. The she never watched the finished product is insulting to her audience IMO.

• Members

I dont get why people get worked up over who is on contract and who is not when they're still regularly appearing on the show. Obviously, the people like Andrea, Ileen and Cat dont have a problem with the no contract status or they would refuse to do shows. Its very possible they are happy without a contract, and happy they have the freedom to persue whatever projects come their way. So maybe we should be happy they are appearing at all, and still in storylines, instead of complaining because someone else has been brought in.

• Members

If Lea DeLaria(Delphina) is on contract, it's stupid and ridiculous. Ilene Kristen(Roxy) and Patricia Mauceri(Carlotta) and not to mention Pat Elliott(Renée) & Pamela Payton-Wright(Addie) should be a swell.

Kinda glad that Justis Bolding is still on ONE LIFE as Sarah. She's really proven she's a good actress IMHO during Nash's death and Tina's return. I think there's room for improvement and maybe she'll get even better. Brandon Buddy(Cole) was pretty mediocre at first, but now he's doing some very good work.

• Members

Ilene did complain to the press when she was taken off, but you're right for the most part I agree ;) But in her case she wasn't (Andrea is on a limited contract isn't she? But she was happy ot be off contract on Passions for years)

Mulder I agree that Justus has proven herself as Sarah to me--nwo that she has the material. Recasting her now seems pointless to me (though I have a feeling it's gonna happen)

"Right. I remember during the Michael Cambias rape hearing/murder trial on AMC back in summer/fall 2003, the folks who played Michael's lawyer, the new assistant DA, and the judge were all on contract but their roles never expanded beyond the courtroom proceedings."

Right--Dac whoever, from Sunset Beach now with hideous long hair was the lawyer I think. However they did seem to want to put him into the Pine Valley canvas-I thought they were looking to match him with poor Simone--there were hints at it and then he just disappeared (and I can't say, compared to other characters who have disappeared, he was missed).

• Members

It's not about her being on contract for me, it's her being there at all. She's a tired cliche, what is she gonna be, perpetual foreshadower? Whatever to that, it's dull, boring and trite.

Archived