All: Most shamefully under-utilized talent

• Members

Which actors do you think are not being used to their full potential?

B&B

Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott)

Lesley-Anne Down (Jacqueline Payne Marone)

Winsor Harmon (Thorne Forrester)

Ashley Jones (Bridget Forrester) (Gets enough air time, but written horribly)

Daniel McVicar (Clarke Garrison)

Alley Mills (Pamela Douglas)

Y&R

Doug Davidson (Paul Williams)

Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Summers Newman)

Tammin Sursok (Colleen Carlton)

Judith Chapman (Gloria Bardwell) - kidding! :lol:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC

Tonya Pinkins (Livia Frye Cudahy) <-- Seriously, is she still on the show, lol? (I know this question has been answered already. I'm just making a funny.)

ATWT

Trent Dawson (Henry Coleman)

Ellen Dolan (Margo Hughes)

Scott Holmes (Tom Hughes)

B&B

Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott Carlton)

Alley Mills ("Prozac Pam" Douglas, lol) <-- But then, if she were used more frequently, I'd worry about her becoming too over-the-top. (Eccentric characters - Pam, AMC's Opal, DAYS' Vivian (when she was still around) - are best, I think, when kept to a minimum.)

DAYS

John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis)

Bill Hayes (Doug Williams)

Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams)

Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton)

GH

Denise Alexander (Lesley Webber)

Leslie Charleson (Monica Quartermaine)

Jane Elliot (Tracy Quartermaine Spencer) <-- Technically, she still gets a fair amount of airtime, but what they have her doing..., lol.

Jaclyn Zeman (Bobbie Spencer)

GL

Frankly, with the writing as horrid as it is these days, I say, they're better off, lol.

OLTL

Peter Bartlett (Nigel Bartholomew-Smythe)

Y&R

Kate Linder (Esther Valentine)

Patty Weaver (Gina Roma)

(As nice as it was to see Esther again recently, I still miss seeing Gina even on a semi-regular basis.)

• Members

Y&R

Tracey Bregman

Doug Davidson

Bryton McClure (I don't care what the Emmy's think lol)

Sharon Case/Michelle Stafford/Joshua Morrow/Peter Bergman (they get screen time, but they are better than that RS drivel)

OLTL

Patricia Elliot

• Members

Not so sure about Lesley-Anne Down, she was rather good in classic tvshow Upstairs Downstairs, but she seems so nervous thesedays, its not her fault but i cant help to say that it affects her acting talent, especially when she plays nice roles. Suzanne Rogers is the most underrated, Hand Down......

• Members

B&B

Eileen Davidson (Ashley)

Alley Mills (Pam)

Winsor Harmon (Thorne)

Lesley Ann Down (Jackie)

Daniel McVicar (Clarke)

Why can't they have Jackie go after Steven? Clarke go after Jackie? How hard would it be to write for them every once in a while? Thorne could go after Katie or Donna. Why not utilize these people? And is Ashley EVER used anymore? Poor Eileen Davidson.

DAYS

Suzanne Rogers (Maggie)

GH

Leslie Charleson (Monica)

Denise Alexander (Lesley)

Ron Hale (Mike)

• Members

Suzanne Rogers, Susan Seaforth-Hayes, and Kevin Dobson (though recurring..) are all three very under utilized. Leann Hunley and Thaoo could also be doing more than talking over dinner, but I have a feeling once Stefano comes back, we'll see them more.

Borderline: Deidre Hall. Not because she's not on, but because this great actress and historic character is degraded to crying over John and ringing her hands. A shameful use for the "Queen" of Days. I don't even like Marlena anymore, and thats sad. If you didn't watch her in all her glory in the 80's, go to YouTube, and search for clips. Marlena had spunk, under-lying anger issues, and a way of getting what she wants. She was complicated, and now they've written her dull ever since she was demon possessed. After that she turned one note till John died, and just as quickly turned one note again.

As for the rest, I don't watch enough anymore to comment intelligently, but last time I watched GL or ATWT, any Snyder, Bauer, or Spaulding over the age 40 had a hard time getting airtime, and thats a huge shame. Those families made these soaps epic back in their respected heydays, but now.......I guess they are not needed so soaps can imitate "The Hills' more effectively.

As much as I wish Days had a new headwriter, I'm grateful that it still feels like a soap, since thats what I'm watching. If I tune into a soap, it's because I want to watch a soap. P&G seems to be forgetting that.

Archived