OLTL: Casting News from SID

• Members

Sorry if this was already posted anywhere

From the new SID:

A new Latin family is headed to OLTL this fall: Casting calls were issued for Hector, a businessman from Colombia, and his daughter Elena, a newcomer to Llanview High.

The soap is also casting Maria, a sexy thirtysomething Latina married to a powerful and ruthless CEO.

All 3 contract roles begin in August

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's good that RC and FV are addressing some of our concerns about diversity, or lack thereof, on OLTL. Hopefully, this won't be another Santi mess, and that this new family will receive solid storylines which tie in well with the rest of the Llanview canvas.

• Members

But OLTL already has a Latino family, I was hoping for a Jewish, Muslim, gay, or any another type of ethnic/religious/social/economic group. I'm not saying too many Latinos is a bad thing, but when you already have Latino characters on your show, I think you can afford to add another group to your canvas. The fact that they're putting all these characters on contract seems a bit worrying as well, but we'll see. I've always said Ron C's weakness is diversity, hell Layla was used more under Tomlin than she is now.

• Members

Diversity is diversity and OLTL is about the only soap that fully has an established Latino family, aside from PSNS which is about to be cancelled. So I welcome these new diverse characters. Hopefully, Ron will introduce them the right way, instantly interweaving them within other characters and establishing a connection. As long as these new characters are sharing something with characters we love then it will be watchable. It's when new characters are only being seen with other new characters or with characters that fans don't care for.

Archived