OLTL: Casting News from SID

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does Blair count?

Seriously, I do wonder if her father had a family somewhere. And Blair's got brothers/sisters she never knew about. It would be fun to have a Tia Carrere-type character show up and cause trouble for big sis Blair.

• Members

That's how I feel Drew. I see nothing wrong with having another Latino family in town. There's plenty of WASP families in Llanview. Right now they have a plan for this family. I don't think Ron will go the route of the Santi family, and I doubt Valentini would let him do it...even if Ron wanted to. Let's not forget, Ron was there during the Santi fiasco.....

I do think OLTL will eventually add more diversity to the canvas. It appears to be the "in" thing with the East Coast ABC soaps right now. I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Hank and Rachel to the canvas, maybe with significant others...but I'd rather them bring them back with an actual plan rather than bring them on and have them do nothing (i.e. Lainey on GH).

• Members

Ryan, but why is there a plan for yet another Latino family where there is basically no African Americans or Asians on OLTL? Layla might as well be invisible under RC. Clearly RC has no interest in having African American actors/characters on OLTL's canvas.

• Members

I'm afraid you're right. I would hope he intends to bring on more African-Americans (or other races) onto the show. Many viewers can identify with characters they see on TV.

From your keyboard to Ron Carlivati's eyes.

*that reminds me....I must pay my dues to the church. They haven't been passing around that collection plate lately.*

• Members

Not to sound like a fangirl because I really wasn't, but... they need to bring back Evangeline. Under the guise of Renee Elise Goldsberry. I don't know how many AA women I overheard discussing OLTL when she was on the show, for better or for worse.

Not only that but she has ties to major characters in Llanview. Todd. McNostril. Cristian Soulful-Artist. Blair hates her guts and Layla's got issues with her, too.

And they need to build up RJ's role, stat. And Jamie's. That girl is a major legacy character. I wouldn't be surprised if she grew up despising Antonio and Jessica, for a start.

See? Built in minority characters with layers and dimensions and popularity (certainly in some quarters. I am a big TJS fan myself). Suppose they brought Sherri Saum back in some capacity? Use what you got, baby!

• Members

I dont get it either. Ron is really caught up in making this show shadow the 80's. I guess AA's arent the priority. My hope is that he's written RJ to chicago to come back with family. Also there is no reason why RJ should only be used as a prop to glorify Nora and Lindsay's tired ass Viki and Dorian wanna be rivarly.

Archived