OLTL: Casting News from SID

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I kind of get the vibes of Carlos and Gabrielle Solis from Desperate Housewives (in the first season, where he was the powerful businessman and she was his sexy wife) from the Hector and Maria characters, although I have the feeling that perhaps these characters will be somehow linked to Buchanan Enterprises and that the young girl will become involved with Markko (they'd be foolish to break up Starr and Cole).

This could easily be another Santi mess, but I have faith that Ron will do well with these new faces. I also think they'll probably be introducing more black characters soon enough...bringing back Evangeline would be a smart move, but then again, where would she fit in? Christian is with Sarah and Todd has more than enough story of his own, not to mention John's storyline with Talia, Antonio and Marty. They'd be best off bringing in an older black male for Viki and perhaps give him a kid who isnt too happy that their father is getting together with a white woman (tackle the racism issue from the other side...it could be good).

• Members

Ironically, this is the one thing that JER really got right on Passions from the very beginning: Diversity! Specifically, Black and Latino characters interacting as front-burner characters rather than just friends or sidekicks. Passions definitely gets an A+ for diversity.

• Members

Maybe 'Maria' is the new Tea and Hector is her husband and Elena is her stepdaughter, or something...Carlivati seems to favour bringing back old faces rather than creating new characters, but then again maybe this hispanic family will be the first characters to be properly created and introduced by Ron. I think he'll do well bedding these new characters in, after all, the man is a fan of OLTL and is writing what he wants so see on screen as a fan...I hope these newbies will reflect that.

• Members

I agree, bring back Renée Elise Goldsberry as Evangeline. Bring back (don't axe) Timothy D. Stickney as RJ (on contract this time), and have RJ bring back with him, Rachel (bring back the wonderful Ellen Bethea). I also think Sherri Saum could be brought back as Keri Reynolds as well. RJ could've faked Keri's death when she committed suicide. Have someone (Lindsay or Rachel or Nora) notice RJ acting strangely and maybe follow him to a rest home where an improved Keri is very much alive. RJ is wealthy and shady enough to fake his daughter's death, IF it would keep her from Antonio.

I agree that with the Latino family, it'd be a good idea to bring back Téa with a new, older hubby and step-daughter (or daughter even, lol).

• Members

Yeah, we don't know for sure these are new characters. They could be code-names for other characters we already know. That's why it's silly to get too worked up over this. We're a long ways away, and a lot of info short, to make any assumptions.

Archived