OLTL: Discussion for the week June 23-27

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yesterday's episode a great start off to the week.

-I really liked Natalie's breakdown in front of Roxy. it was about time we saw her reacting to her family's reaction to her betraying them.

-Roxy and Charlie...<3

-It was nice balance seeing the drama play out with the Buchanans, meanwhile at La Boulie it was all camp and humor.

-Finally the Bo/Lindsey/Nora story heats up. Love how they included R.J. into the story.

• Members

I know I can't believe they're sending RJ away to Chicago. I hope it's a set up to get Lindsay's guard down and he shows up soon. It's a travesty how they are wasting Timothy Stickney. Just out of curiosity does anyone know if Layla will be attending Nash's funeral? Nash and Layla were good friends and if she doesn't show up I'm going to be livid..

• Members

The Emmy picture above shows that OLTL has at least one African American actors so where the hell are the African American characters on the show? Where is Layla? She and Brody have chemistry. They should start spending some time together even if they bicker.

• Members

Roxy's a recovering alchie? Since when? Loved her 39 Steps line yesterday. David also had a particularly clever one when Addie mentioned to her doctor that architect and he thougth she meant a composer... i think *I watched yesterday's at 2am half asleep so may have forgotten*

Today's ep was pretty meh but again a meh episode isn't bad--I enjoyed a lot of little moments (was this the first time nuMichael was shirtless? not super buff but I'm not complaining). But you think they coulda saved some of the fairly low key stuff for another episode and added something more exciting.

OK my one complainty right now storywise. Well two--first I hate the obviousness of the cliffhangar with John coming to Todd's ugly new house and asking to see the lady of the house. We all know he won't see Marty for at least another 2 weeks--these kinda fake Days of Our Lives style cliffhangars drive me crazy (by DAYS I mean JER basically had them at every commercial break when he writes a soap). They're too obvious.

But my big one is this Lindsay storyline. Would RJ actually write SO clearly what lindsay did in a letter he slipped under BO's door withotu making sure Lindsay would get it first?? Maybe a veiled reference to what Lindsay did but SOO clearly? it seems remarkably lazy writing to me, coming from Carlivati. I just can't see someone as clever as RJ doing that. I do liek that it's bringing this story to thre forefront, I just think it's a bit sloppy. Of course if Dena had written it by her standards it would be genius :D

• Members

I'm telling myself that RJ subconsciously wants Lindsay to get caught. I agree, it's a shame they waste RJ, but I think the actor is off doing a play or something. I heard he won't be around for several months. Does anyone know for sure?

• Members

I felt sorry for Cole today. A year ago, I really thought BB was hopeless, but his acting has improved. I can even understand Cole's position. I'm sure it would be better for the child to be raised by good adults who are ready to be parents, but it's not like there is any guarantee that's how it's going to be. I can see why Cole wants to hold onto the only family he has left and it kind of annoys me that people are so quick to dismiss him.

He does have as many rights as Starr and it's not like he would be the first 18 (by the time Starrlet is born) year old to raise a baby. He might not be ready to have a child, but he could get ready with some help. I'm sure Marty left him lots of insurance money, so he could hire a nanny and take parenting classes. I'm not saying it's an ideal situation, but it's also not as unrealistic as Nora makes it out to be.

I don't understand Todd's agenda. Why does he want to turn Marty against John? I just don't understand why he would want to hurt Marty again, after he's tried to make things up to her in the past.

Archived