OLTL: Discussion for the week June 23-27

• Members

Clint and Bo have more in common they they will ever realize, because Clint should have not ingnored the history that he and Viki have with Dorian before he jumped into bed with her, but it didn't seem to worry him, and to me Bo is doing the same thing, and I like Bo and Lindsay together. LOL.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, chrishntr, I'd almost forgotten that (that Clint had been involved with Dorian years ago, when he first arrived in Llanview). You're right, though, Bo and Clint do have much in common, lol.

• Members

I have a lot to say, so run now or skip this post if you're one of those who is annoyed by me :lol:

First of all, to answer the questions about Tina/Rebecca, as someone who watched Andrea Evans on OLTL back in 1988-89, to me it's like she never left. She is playing the character of Tina like she used to, although they are taking care to give her extra funny lines, which I think goes in hand with the comedic streak that Karen Witter developed in the character. We haven't seen A. E. be too much of a schemer yet, but the good old selfishness is there, as well as the "Oh, I screwed up, I'm a bad mother, but that's just the way it is" attitude as she bats her eyes. And remember: she has to play off of/react to things that happened to the character AFTER she left, such as Tina's relationship with David Vickers. But yes, this is very much Tina, so that leads me to believe that Rebecca must have had a lot of Tina-isms. I never watched PASSIONS, so I can't say. I think we'll see even more of the old Tina when she finally reunites with Viki and has her first run-in with Blair (although Kassie and Andrea never shared screen time).

For me, Friday was a huge turning point in my feelings toward Natalie and Jared. The whole episode was great, but I was most grateful for their scenes, because I finally got what I wanted out of them. Natalie seemed to put her feelings towards Jessica FIRST. She wanted to go apologize in spite of the lashing she just received, which may have been stupid, but proved how much she cares about her twin. I almost felt like someone had read comments about Natalie not caring, and the whole episode was written to show that she does :lol: And Jared was great, because he takes full responsbility for everything and is still trying to reassure Nat. And having them find the dog was wonderful.

Bo and Lindsay were really, really effective. Man, Robert S. Woods can really bring it when he has to. Did anyone else get a huge :lol: moment when Bo said that Nash's death made him realize that life is short and people can be gone in a moment? Sorry, Bo, but I think you probably already knew that after losing Didi ... and Sarah ... and Gabrielle ... and Asa ...............

This whole thing with Talia is SO INTRIGUING, and I have abosolutely no idea what is going on. I am going to stay away from spoilers and mags, because this is the first time I have been confused by a plot and really in suspense for a long time. I am wondering just how large a conspiracy this Jonas thing is ... I mean, are Marty and Tina's returns going to be tied together somehow, or completely different?

Love seeing the sexy Vega boys in action, and there was also a nice (but quick) closeup of Jared's ass when he bent down to look at the dog.

OMG at the return of Tess and the spectacular silent acting of Bree Williamson. I hope Tess gets to say a proper goodbye to the love of her life.

I had no idea that the actress playing Janet used to be Lee! I thought she looked familiar!!!

ETA: OLTL has been featured in SOD for Editors' Choice/Performer of the Week over the past four weeks: this week BW is Performer of the Week, last week the show got Editors' Choice for the steps leading up to the B.E. takeover, before that it was Farrah Fath for POW, and before that Kassie DePaiva. Luann at ABC.com says this is the most consecutive issues one show has ever been picked for one or the other, but I have no way to confirm that. Also: does anyone know if they have received SID's Gold Star or SOW's Applause, Applause lately?

• Members

Bo's speech to her was SO awesome, I was melting. I wanted to marry Bo, even though I'm more attracted to Keyshawn Riddick.

But I really WISH Lindsay just told him the truth. It would have shown she's grown (guess she hasn't, then), and it would have taken the wind out of Nora's sails when Nora inevitably comes to expose the truth. But I would also like the twist if when Nora tells Bo, he shrugs it off and goes and marries her anyway.

Now, Lindsay was convicted of murdering Spencer before? Or she was deemed unfit to stand trial? Because I'm thinking that if Bo finds out and stands by Lindsay, Nora may just have her arrested to stand trial for it again. Nora practically has the smoking gun, proof of the murder and avoiding prosecution.

LOL, I do what I can. :D

• Members

I just watched Friday's show, mainly from the responses in this thread, and I'm glad I did. It's a treat to sit down and watch the whole show even tho my favorite wasn't on. I loved the transformation. It was so subtle, and it didn't hit me over the head. It was like she woke up and began shedding all the layers to Jess until she was Tess, and it seemed like she didn't realize that she was back until she was staring in the mirror. I also enjoyed the Natalie and Jared scenes. I liked how they are showing that Natalie is hurting because Jess is hurting and I like that Jared is taking responsibility, and yet being the voice of reason. She really doesn't need to be around Jess. The Vega brothers were fun to watch as they figured out what was happening with Talia and Sarah. This show is so good right now, I'm seriously considering avoiding spoilers.

• Members

You make me feel ashamed for being a spoiler ho. I just know I don't have the self control. But if I did? I would. It is that good.

AND! I say that in light of the fact that my favorite character and couple are boring as hell to me right now. I don't need to see all this sweetness from Jared and Natalie. Natalie feeling sorry for herself is completely out of character. Poor me. Nobody wants me just like you David Vickers the incredibly cute Shih Tsu! Gah! Something different has to happen soon, or I will UNLEASH!

• Members

I can't go spoiler free when it concerns Viki, but I think I can avoid the rest of them. I'll just scan for her name and not read the rest. It's my plan..LOL. I'll see if it works. The upcoming stuff with Talia would be so dramatic if I didn't know what was coming. And, the stuff yesterday with Tess/Jess would have been much more dramatic as well if I hadn't known Tess was coming back.

• Members

The Talia stuff would be dramatic if I had become invested in her character before now. Don't get me wrong. I think Talia has been introduced with perfection. To a point. But I don't care that much about her. I just don't find Antonio's latest sex kitten all that fascinating. This is an interesting twist. And it's about Talia. I could become more invested.

• Members

If she was already tried for Spencer's murder, legally they can't try her for that crime again, right? There's a legal term for not being able to stand trial for the same crime twice, and it's escaping me right now, but there was a movie about it, even, and it starred Ashley Judd. LOL.

They might be able to arrest Lindsay on fraud or conspiracy charges, though, right?

Next question: Would Lindsay have the clarity at this point to know she got herself into this mess again, or would she use this all as another excuse to blame Nora for ruining her life, thus reigniting the feud once again?

Archived