OLTL: Discussion for the week June 23-27

• Administrator

So you see it too? Glad I'm not the only one. LOL I know mentioning Carlivait and Reilly in the same sentence is taboo, but you guys know that coming from me, it's like the biggest compliment I can give. LOL I swear, OLTL right now reminds me of 90's Reilly (my favorite all time era). I feel like I'm 11 years old again, being so excited to see what happens next and being spoiler free.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess the "Reilly" vibe that I get is the larger than life stories and situations, the serendipitous plots like Todd finding Marty, the lies lasting for months and the melodramatic confrontations. I really like it, though. But different from Reilly is that the characters live their lives as well as partake in all the shenanigans. That's the joy of it.

• Administrator

Oh, ITA with you. Secrets/lies that are build up for months and months and then it all comes out at a huge event. I noticed the flashbacks to "key moments" happens a lot. The constant near misses. And now, there's a secret letter!

• Members

unfortunetly this is a repeat of how things went down years ago. Bo and Lindsay are in love and ready to get married, just as Nora gets evidence of Lindsay's lies adn exposes her at her own wedding. I really hope it doesnt end the same way and that Bo and Lindsay get their happy ending before Nora sets out to destroy it again

• Members

This week's highlights:

Tess visiting Nash and telling him that she is back (OMG! What a scene... this is going to become a classic moment in OLTL history)

The funeral. Everybody was acting like themselves and poor Jessica made me cry a number of times during the episode. One of the best soap funerals I have attended.

The Nash montage. Not the typical soap opera montage.

Gigi and Marcie talking. I enjoyed their scene.

But I enjoyed Rex, Gigi, Shane and Brody more.

Rex seeing Roxy and Natalie. That poor baby is so hurt...

My favorite supercouple.. Jodd. They are so much fun together whenever they don't deal with Starr's mess.

I was stupid enough to read the spoilers about Thalia. That would have been quite a surprise!

More Lindsay... yes!!!

Less Starr and the rest of the Hillside gang!!! :P

The lowlights:

I miss Dena Higley. The show is so boring these days! :angry: It's time for Carlivati to be fired and Dena or Bob Guza to take over!

Other than that this is the best soap opera I have watched in years. :D:D:D

• Members

We just see it in a diff way then. And honestly, i wasnt even a huge nash fan and didnt midn him being killed off.

I dont think its that jessica cant get revenege on her own and get her hands dirty. I think its that Jessica wants to, but doesnt. Because thats no who she is. She doesnt have it in her to make someone suffer just because they hurt her. Thats where Tess comes in. Jessica i guess you coiuld say sicne she has this is rather fragile, and so that she doesnt break her mind creates Tess. She is as broken as she ever has been right now, combine that with the fact that Tess is the one who first fell in love with Nash, and the fact that Jessica is so weak she cant fight this again (right now), and you get Tess comin out.

I dont hate Jared, but i dont love him either. I am rather blahh to him to be honest. That stems from i actually love the char... but cant stand the actor. Thats also the issue with the love story - i dont see the chem, i dont see the love.

• Members

Yeah! That's a great thing, that people see things differently. You brought a whole new perspective to the return of Tess.

Chemistry is so subjective I've grown to hate the word.

Thanks for responding. You make interesting points. :)

• Members

The way Bo is COMPLETELY ignoring his history with Lindsay - and everything else she's even done - kinda makes me wish that when Nora finds the letter, she doesn't do a DAMN THING. She sits back and says "You've dug your grave, Bo. I'm sick of riding to your rescue. You want to marry the crazy &$%#?! Go right ahead."

I know that probably won't happen. But I'd enjoy the surprise. :D

• Members

See I love Lindsay and always have. But it's hard to be a Lindsay fan (I see it as being in long distance training to become a Natalie fan :huh: ). For years we've seen Lindsay approaching some level of happiness FINALLY only to have Nora wrench it from her grasp. Granted, it's undeniable that as much as Nora hates Lindsay, Lindsay is her own worst enemy. But sadly, she always gets blown out of the water when it seems she's really turned a corner and learned from her mistakes, but the mistakes still come back and bite her in the ass. She never wins. She never gets the brass ring.

It would truly be an interesting twist for me, and a fabulous payoff for Lindsay fans who've suffered with this character for so many years, if Nora exposes Lindsay and Bo responds "So what? Spencer deserved killing and Lindsay provided a public service by offing him." Again, it'll never happen. <_< I also wonder if Nora will arrest RJ for aiding and abetting or conspiracy or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I have one problem with RC's writing. It's seems heavily reliant on the characters being stupid. Of late, the plot points rarely seem to be about a clever character outsmarting their adversary, but more about somebody doing something so dumb they deserve to be shot. Lindsay leaving RJ's letter lying around. Natalie and Jared showing up at the funeral to observe, while being unobserved, but being so ridiculously poor at covert operations that they hang out in the foyer instead of finding a more suitable, secretive vantage point. Viki and Clint seemingly oblivious to the fact that periods of high stress can cause Jessica's alter to emerge.

• Members

IA. I dont see this lie being as devastating as the one she kept the last time they were together. Spencer was going to rape Blair. Spencer tried to destroy Bo's family and was out to get them all for revenge. Spencer was an evil man and Lindsay spared alot of people pain by killing him. The big issue here will be that she didnt tell Bo. I wonder would he have really gotten mad if she did? Id love it if he didnt care, but he will most likely dump her if and when Nora exposes her. Ive been wanting to see Lindsay happy for years but something always seems to get in the way of that. Nora will only go after Lindsay, bc its Lindsay. She was more than willing to go easy on Marty when everyone including Marty thought she murdered Spencer.

• Members

And I right along with you, brimike, lol. If Bo is too ignorant (or too horny, or too...whatever) to avoid falling into this trap again with Lindsay, then he deserves whatever hell he might - and God willing, will - incur from marrying her. If only Didi and Sarah's ghosts would come and knock some sense into him....

Archived