OLTL: Discussion for the week June 23-27

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the quick cuts to black, but I don't think it needs to be done with EVERY act. It works really well on some act tags. Not so much with others.

LOVING Viki/Jessica.

I'm going to give a REALLY unpopular opinion right now and say I'm starting to get a little tired of David/Addie/Dorian. It's a little TOO much camp for me, especially with the whole David-as-a-Buke issue. It's kinda hard to see him as a threat to ANYTHING now, especially since the Buchanans are all so wigged out by the news, when he's nothing but a joking puppy dog. I thought the addition of Blair last week gave it some much-needed gravitas, but the camp factor is starting to get to me.

On the other hand, this episode does need comedy with all the sturm und drang at Llanfair. So I do get it. I just hope David gets his edge back. I love him, don't get me wrong. But right now, I'm not sure why everyone's jumping through hoops not to tell him the truth, and why they're all so scared what he'll do when he finds out. What will he do? He'll take his share of the Buke money and run. Big deal. Nash died for THAT?! Besides, we've watched David play Lord of the Manor at La Boulaie, so him doing it at Asa's is pretty much just the same thing with the addition of Nigel.

I'm nitpicking, I know. Just wish I could buy the threat of David learning he's a Buke.

Archived