OLTL: Discussion for the week June 23-27

• Members

LOL! In the words of Jared Banks "I don't care what the rest of them think. I only care what you think." Please don't give up Zendallfan. I love hearing your thoughts and opinions. Just tell us what you think. You always give us a springboard to voice different opinions and discussion. So don't feel like you have to catch up with everything that's been said. Just tell us what you think about what you saw. (Then we'll lure you in and hold you hostage and prevent you from returning to the AMC board). :D

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whaaa . . .???? :o

Are you telling me the head writer from Days didn't attend the event? Really?

Or, are you telling me the former head writer from OLTL who was fired decided not to go up to the podium? Were we seriously at risk that she might have been in that photo? Gah! :blink:

• Administrator

Yup! She had every right to be there since she was on the nomination list. Like at the 2003 Daytime Emmys, Megan McTavish went up on stage along with Guza, Pratt and the rest of the GH writing team.

So we got lucky with Dena not showing up. LOL

• Members

OMG! I don't know which I find more shocking. I would expect the head writer for every soap to at least be in attendance at the event. I just would consider that an occupational hazard. But the very idea she might have been privileged to bask in the glow of the OLTL victory is a travesty. :angry:

Hey Detroitpiston. If it's any comfort, you'll always have me. :D

• Members

I am so happy that OLTL won the best writing category! I hope this becomes their first annual win. Ron was just glowing as he accepted the statue, and you know that Erika and Robin were so proud.

So... the funeral's this week! Can't wait for the hysterics and melodrama!

• Members

Or when Leah Laiman stood up on stage the first year Hogan Sheffer won for ATWT. I do think it's awfully strange that DH didn't show, even to support Days. But then again, I see very few fi-core writers in any of the pictures, or during any of the broadcast. I think it's very telling that we're almost five months out of the strike, and clearly, tensions are still high in general.

Finally caught up on last week's OLTL. Loved every episode, even the slower ones. Never thought I'd see the day Antonio acted like a human being and had a mature discussion with Jess about the harmful nature of rage. Bravo, Ron.

Staying spoiler free for this week. Totally going the Toups route. And I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Archived