June 9-13, 2008

Toups

• Members

RATINGS FOR JUNE 9 - JUNE 13 (stealing TOUPS thunder! :)

Households:

Y&R -- 3.5 -- 12 (same)

B&B -- 2.6 -- 8 (same)

GH -- 2.2 -- 7 (-1)

OLTL -- 2.1 -- 7 (-1)

AMC -- 2.0 -- 7 (-2)

ATWT -- 1.9 -- 6 (same)

DAYS -- 1.9 -- 6 (+1)

GL -- 1.6 -- 5 (same)

Only DAYS rises. AMC experiences biggest loss.

WOMEN, 18 - 24

(1) DAYS

(2) Y&R

AMC

GH

OLTL

(6) B&B

(7) ATWT

GL

TOUPS... take it away! :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did most people even know about it? I mean, when the "real" Greenlee returned to AMC that's all I heard about for a month, but I don't recall seeing much ABC generated publicity for Tina. Of course that might be because I stopped watching GH and pay far less attention to ABC than I used to, but I am curious.

• Members

Did GH tie their record low or set a new record low with 2.2? Although I still maintain they have some of the best scene and dialogue writers in daytime, the stories are godawful. I turned it on yesterday, only to see the smart, sassy Alexis acting like a giggly school girl over a sociopathic murderer. Nothing on that show makes any sense. As I predicted, as began transitioning the Ryan/Annie/Kendall/Zach [!@#$%^&*] onto the front burner to displace the Hubbard and Tad/Dixie/Kate stories, the ratings would nosedive. If they can even maintain a 2.0 next week, I'd be shocked. The entire ABC lineup seems to be heading south, and it looks like CBS has joined them in that descent. Y&R is either staying steady or going down at this point. They might get a few spikes along the way with some upcoming climaxes, but the days of 4.0 are over. It's hard to believe. Hogan won't make a difference. P&G are probably taking a long, hard look at ATWT and GL and wondering if continuing past their renewal negotiation dates is even feasible.

• Members

All of ABC went down this week. CBS stayed the same and Days went up. I forgot Marty returned last week too. Big returns dont get the ratings they use to. If you look at it though....GL is pulling a 1.6 with a very low budget....and GH which has more money is only pulling a 2.2. I think P&G is just satisfied if GL keeps its show under the budget line.

• Members

Comparing the ratings from a year ago, Y&R still suffered the biggest loss in the ratings:

**(last week/last year)

June 3-9, 2008

1-Y&R 3.5 (same/-.5)**

2-B&B 2.6 (same/-.2)**

3-GH 2.2 (-.1/-.3)**

4-OLTL 2.1 (-.1/-.2)**

5-AMC 2.0 (-.2/-.3)**

6-ATWT 1.9 (same/-.2)**

6-DAYS 1.9 (+.1/-.2)**

8-GL 1.6 (same/-.3)**

My personal view: I'm surprised that with all the hype of Andrea Evans & Susan Haskell (Tina & Marty) OLTL would either maintain the same ratings or go up in the ratings but instead it went DOWN! But of course, we will hear a lot of excuses from OLTL fans where they probably blame AMC or GH for the drop in the ratings. AMC: a simple "ouch" since it was an aftermath of Jesse/Angie's wedding and Dixie Ghost story came to a close. I can hear it now, a bunch of ABC fans will be calling for Brian Frons to be fired which seems to be an endless diatribe. I think once the GH: Night Shift 2 starts in July, we'll see GH go up a rating point and remain until the episodes run out; however, I'm glad TPTB will be cross-interwining the storylines between two soaps whereas last year it didn't.

All of the CBS soaps was unevenful in terms of storylines because there was no "shocking/must-see-TV" stories which kept the ratings stable. So we'll see how they do in the ratings pre-Emmy and post-Emmy night. The two top dogs of CBS daytime Y&R and Price Is Right need to boost their ratings to help the rest of the daytime line-up.

Will DAYS benefit or suffer once the Summer Olympics coverage begin? I remember back in the 90s the Olympics boosted DAYS, AW and Santa Barbara's ratings in good numbers for several week so we'll see.

That's all for now. :)

• Members

Doesn't Wimbledon start next week? Not sure how much of that is during the day tho. I think I remember that Days had a huge cliffhanger before it went missing for the last Olympics. It was back when they were killing off vets & it involved a deadly circus stunt I think. Is that right or did I dream all that?

OLTL heavily promoted the return of Tina but she didn't return to BE Tina with anyone Tina should be with to reconnect her to Llanview. A lot of fans are disappointed that AE is more like Rebecca relocated to another soap complete with wacky JERk-like plot & newbies. Tina's had no real contact with her siblings at all. Her story doesn't involve very many original Tina characters either. I think bringing a Passions character & plot to OLTL as AE's intro after nearly 20 years was a massive mistake on TPTB's part. They don't get second chance to announce the return of "original Tina" weeks after she already returned in her isolated story. Long-time viewers are complaining they want to see Tina with Viki not just Tina & Cris/Sarah in Viki's house. Isolating SH's Marty to being disabled & hostage to Todd who led a gang rape on her is creeping a lot of fans out. SH never worked with this Todd & John/Marty were barely a couple. To me, both these returns are being handled in the worst way possible. Who are they trying to appeal to? This long-time viewer doesn't want to see Rebecca again or Marty being victimized by her rapist again. These returns look too much like blatant stunts to benefit the returning actors only, not to tell a continuing Llanview story.

Archived