June 9-13, 2008

Toups

• Members

Lol...

So do you think Hogan will do decent at Y&R?

I hope so but I'm not exactly a big insider or follower of the writers.

At this point I miss LML. I know people hate her or w/e but Y&R at least had some type of beat going on. Now I just look at the show and get bored real quick and change the channel. Cane and Lily isn't even that good anymore to me.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree and I don't think any of them will be asked back (not that they'd want to to return). I think Y&R's become one of those soaps that will go through HW after HW and EP after EP, in the vein of DAYS, P&G soaps, and ABC soaps. And we have Bloom and Sony to thank for all of that.

What I want to know is, how did Bloom and CBS get such a tight grip on Y&R? The show isn't owned by CBS and Sony was content with the way things were for years...

• Members

Y&R has dropped like a rock, but it is still lapping every other soap, including the overrated one. It still has more than 1 million more viewers than its closest competitor and it has almost 2 million more than General Hospital. It has more than 2 million more viewers than the other ABC soaps.

It is dropping, but perhaps its fall to the lowly ranks of other daytime dramas was just delayed. I don't think HS can bring it back up to where it was because I think the days of the 4s and above are over. The 3s will soon be a distant memory.

Archived