AMC: TV Guide Canada Interview with Cam Mathison

• Members

Oh, don't make the mistake of believing I think that Cam is an awesome actor. Granted, I don't think he's horrible like some people do, but I definitely don't think he's up to what some of his contemporaries are (not AMC contemporaries...he actually looks awfully decent next to the likes of Young and Turner). He'd make a better game show host than Ty Treadway, that's for sure. (Anybody who's ever seen "Merv Griffin's Crosswords" knows what I'm talking about)

And Khan, feel free to quote like me LOL It's practical for dial-up and also informal. Multi-purpose!

Did you laugh or cry? I couldn't decide so I switched over to "Little House on the Prairie."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, All My Shadows! ;)

Yep, I do, lol.

I'm sure Ty Treadway is a lovely gentleman, too, but he hasn't impressed me as an actor or as a game- and talk-show host. I think he's one guy who needs to stick to bodybuilding.

• Members

I think Cam is capable but I agree he's not soap opera "tentpole character' material by any means. I think Young is more than him (not Turner as much as I love the guy, by any means).

I have a bigger cursh on Ty but I agree--he really really doesn't have the personality to be that kinda "blank but affable" host. If he's reading that he should take it as a complement :P it just comes off as kinda threatening in that situation... But he seems even more set than Cam on that being his career.

Cameron and Josh were *really* good friends on the set, at least for a while. MAYBE they had a falling out but I seriously doubt that's why he left. Has Cameron really had any serious acting jobs besides AMC? I knwo he had like three lines as a shirtless bartender in disco movie 54 which I think shot immediately before he got on AMC (ironically as that movie had a subplot about an AMC actress...)

• Members

Ty always sounds like he's talking through a smile, like he's trying to sell advertising. (kind of how Eydie Gorme sings) Doesn't stop him from being good crush material.

As for Cameron and Josh being *really* good friends, lots of rumours about why and how that ended, if it is in fact true that it did end. I have trouble believing them, for what it's worth.

• Members

Right that's why I think Ty is especially good at playing sleazy characters... It's that kinda smarmy "i'm more in this for me than for you" quality he projects--whether he tries to or not.

I dunno, I just think (re the Cam rumours) where there's smoke there's fire and you hear so very few comments about him being a diva or anythign similar--I don't buy it. And it's not cuz I have some huge crush on the guy--he's handsome, seems nice, but I don't--it's just... yeah Besides, wasn't the writing on the wall that Josh was going to be leaving by the time Cam left anyway?? Maybe Cam felt he had to try to "make his way in the non soap world" to compete or something I suppose but... yeah, meh.

• Members

We appear to be talking about the same rumours... I think. About four years ago I went to a McGill Alumni function and there several people talking about Cam's reputation on campus. Mostly poon-hound from what I heard, but that doesn't really mean anything when it comes to "three's company" situations. And even if it was true, I can't see Josh D. being such a priss as to end a good friendship over it. Again, it's just rumours.

The career jealousy with Josh? I have even more trouble believing that.

• Members

Fellow alumnus! :D For some reason I thought you went to Concordia. ))))SLAP!(((( me as hard as you want.

Yeah, I guess I better tone down the language. Must be something I picked up during that ill-fated semester at Queens. :lol:

• Members

I hadn't read that, but I do remember reading that it was reported that Cam was PISSED that Josh won the emmy in 2002, and that Cam felt HE deserved to win for the Gillian's death storyline. I remember they were nominated against each other that year.

Heck I remember them panning to Cam's face when Josh won, and you could tell he wasn't too happy

• Members

I wasn't worried about YOUR opinion of my coarse language, seeing as you repeated it. :D

Post my Queens fiasco, most of my school years years were spent in a small apartment on Edouard Montpetit, right across the street from U de M. December 6, 1989 was a life changing moment for me.

• Members

I may dislike Ryan but I have nothing against Cameron Mathison. He doesn't seem like he has that much of an ego. I do agree they wasted the potential of Ryan. He was much more interesting when he first debuted.

The show is just too revolved around Kendall, Greenlee, Zach and Ryan. All four were very interesting and fun characters. Now they just feel tired and forced. The writers ruined all potential Annie and Ryan had when Rebecca Budig returned.

I think Charles Pratt will be a very interesting fit at AMC. He's such a different writer than what AMC has had before it should be very interesting to see his take on the show. I just pray it doesn't get ruined beyond repair.

Archived