OLTL: Dorian tastes the corporate high life

• Members

Dorian tastes corporate high 'Life'

By CAROLYN HINSEY

Dorian rocks the Buchanan Enterprises shareholders meeting next week on "One Life to Live" by exposing Jared as a fraud and then revealing that she has taken over the company.

"It looks like it's going to be just a regular old stockholders meeting, and then we see Dorian," says Robin Strasser, who plays Dorian. "She busts in wearing one of the best hats ever worn and announces she has information that Jared is not officially a Buchanan. That means all the deals he made are null and void. Therefore, she is picking up all that loose stock, and that makes her queen for a day."

The Buchanans are left reeling by Dorian's announcement, as well as Natalie's knowledge of Jared's lie. First up? Changing the name.

"Why would she call it Buchanan Enterprises? It's Cramer Enterprises now."

Dorian's elaborate plan necessitated drugging Jared's real father, sweet recovering alcoholic Charlie, and depositing him in an alley to keep him from spilling the beans before she could.

"That is the worst thing Dorian has ever done," says Strasser. "It's so bad, that I actually got frightened. I was once in an acting class when Jack Lemmon said he picked parts that scared him because he wanted to be challenged, so I used that. It's so scary what she does to Charlie that the writers have her talk directly to Mel. She looks up and asks, 'Mel? Forgive me. I'm so sorry.'"

Dorian's actions kick off a chain of events culminating in the death of Nash, who is killed in a bitter brawl with Jared.

"'One Life to Live' has so many colors," says the actress. "It goes from dark to light, high drama to humor."

As in some upcoming scenes between Dorian and David.

"She still adores him," says Strasser. "It's awful."

The best part about Dorian taking over Buchanan Enterprises is that "I'm getting fabulously dressed up all the time because I have C.E. business to take care of," says Strasser. "I'm raring to go. For me as an actress, it's a dream. Suddenly I'm playing Evita!"

(More...)

Comings and goings: Cynthia Sikes ("Jag") has been cast as Sabrina's mother, Zara, on "The Young and the Restless," arriving June 19. ... Andrea Evans (Tina) and Susan Haskell (Marty) both return to "OLTL" on June 11. ... Deidre Hall (Marlena) will be off "Days of Our Lives" for two weeks, returning June 12.

Don't touch that dial: Gloria accidentally poisons Jeffrey next week on "Y&R" (CBS, 12:30 p.m.). Oooops!

www.nydailynews.com

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, that right there is what OLTL is doing better than any of the others soaps, making history part of the characters. Not as a plot point or just something to retcon. Dorian acknowledging Mel and his alcoholism is a small thing but it's something that we appreciate and it allows us to see how Dorian's actions are effecting her.

• Members

It's so over the top yet Dorian that it'll work very well. The aftermath for Jared and Natalie will be interesting as all hell. I was thinking Jared would take over the vineyard once Nash dies but considering this says his deals are null and void, I guess that means it becomes a mall, never to be seen again.

Archived