OLTL: Dorian tastes the corporate high life

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, this elevates this show to the highest level of the form. Acknowledging history in these small moments, while telling stories like this... Playing some of the BEST beats of a character like Dorian (she is NOT a nice woman, and shouldn't be played that way...she should have all the colors of a rich character).

I could see Frons/ABC arguing against Mel. "Don't mention a character that our coveted teenage viewers won't understand. He was a failed product of the Labine era".

The mention of that name shows that--FINALLY--they are willing to honor those with decades of investment in the show.

I know this is a bubble...it can't last...but it sure is nice to see while it is happening!

This is actually a brilliant insight. I guess it hadn't clicked for me that Carlivati brought back the fun. The campy, gooey goodness. That can go too far (Passions!), so I hope he also continues to rein it in with moments of quiet character (e.g., Viki and Charlie).

I also hope that, at this point, they find a way to reverse the intended departure of Melissa Fumero. I cannot believe I just typed that...but the writing finally serves her.

Archived