May 19-23, 2008

Toups

• Members

AMC didn't go up, surprising.

Robin Strasser's comments I guess were about OLTL being the #1 ABC soap on that Monday/Tuesday? Then again with the demo they may have been the overall #1 18-49 soap on Mon/Tues.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm stunned at the sheer collapse of Y&R...there's just .7 between it and B&B. And DURING SWEEPS! Heads will roll, and budgets will be slashed.

Even more stunning is the fact that a 2.2 gets you third place in this climate.

• Members

These ratings are showing something OLTL is doing is right (it took some time but it looks to be paying off over the last month of ratings) - what they did was promote a long-time SW/BDW to a head-writer, right? Somebody who loves and understands the show, right? LOL, I'm really asking. That should give the dense guy in charge of ABCD a clue about who the heck he should hire and promote at the two shows that keep on sinking on that network. Not that AMC was bad that week, I wasn't crazy about the Greenlee stuff - but that wasn't a huge portion of the show.

• Members

SO HAPPY FOR OLTL!! Its great to see that if you produce quality television in daytime, there still can be a payoff!

And just another thought... I am thinking that without the DVR ratings included, OLTL may actually rank higher than GH in households :)

• Members

I loved AMC and OLTL this month. I don't watch ABC "a lot," but what I have watched I saw no advertising for Jessie and Angie's wedding. Were there ads for this? I know SoapNet had several ads for the event (I also realize the SoapNet numbers combined for all ABC soaps would give increases to these numbers, as well).

• Members

OLTL deserves it. It is so great to see a quality show being rewarded in the ratings.

Jeff Beldner could have been AMC's Ron Carlivati. Instead we have Pratt who knows nothing about AMC.

One thing's for sure, OLTL is no longer the first ABC soap that will get the ax. Poor little AMC is way behind the other two and I don't see that changing. OLTL is just gearing up!

• Members

I think OLTL's rise has a lot to do with Andrea Evans' announced return to the show. She was the biggest star in ABC Daytime back in the mid-to-late 80's, and news of her return has been on all the Entertainment Tonight-type shows. I expect OLTL to surpass GH in June, at least for her first weeks, and it will stay there or not depending on the writing for her.

Archived