May 19-23, 2008

Toups

• Members

According to Strasser, weren't the dailies for OLTL last Mon and Tues through the roof? I would imagine that would've lifted the rest of the ABC lineup. And I can't believe AMC didn't get some bump on its own, however slight, for the wedding. My guess is OLTL at 2.2 and AMC at 2.1, with an even further divide in the demos.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with your assessments of the shows.

But y'all just don't believe that the ratings really don't dip and rise with the week's stories, do you? Not really, they don't.

And if they DID, we should all be horrified. Because if the shows really did rise and fall based on a week's stories, we'd see the shows do all kinds of horrific shock and awe just to increase eyeballs in a given week. And we'd be left with horrible plot driven messes with absolutely no long-term story.

What I believe is that both AMC and OLTL are good, and better than they were. With that in mind, I hope AMC and OLTL can sustain the quality, and the ratings will show a gradual increment due to the sustained quality.

• Members

Just for idle conversation while we wait for ratings....

Luke and Laura are listed on tvguide.com best wedding list. Along with the Moldavia (am I remembering that country's name right???) wedding from Dynasty.

You are spot on Supersage. I was fully engaged in all of the stories and I was so excited to see a wedding with a gathering of the cast like that. I know they are a pain to shoot but the payoff is spectacular for the viewers if it's done right and this one was. LOVED it...true story, I tend to watch the show while on my treadmill and while Jesse and Angie were saying their vows I was bawling like a baby. It's not easy to sob and run at the same time...I wouldn't recommend it! hehe

• Members

Hi new here...

Just wanted to comment on B&B. Overall the show is boring to me and it shocks me the people they currently have paired up (Taylor who I love is now paired up with boytoy loser Rick!?). And lets not even start on Eric and Donna.

However I did tune in the other day to see the funeral for Storm and I must say that Heather Tom had me in tears throughout the whole show. It was just gut wrenching stuff. Realism and everything. Cuz at the end of the day I have those same doubts too about those I love.

Anyways I think she's doing an excellent job and I wish her the best over there even though the show isn't exactly my cup of tea anymore when it comes to soaps.

Y&R has become mind rumbling boring. If not for the few scenes of Nick and Phyllis I thought I would have died yesterday. Everyone in the soap world (at least online) was crying and moaning for LML to be fired...well she's gone down and what do you know the show hasn't magically gone up in ratings nor in quality. I even think its gone down the drain with her gone. Who knows by this time next year B&B could be #1 and GH battling for #2.

Archived