May 19-23, 2008

Toups

• Members

Wow the bottom is really falling out at Y&R, and it was actually less boring this week. The show's ina freefall, and the steep drop might be too much for Hogan to reverse. Bet the rest of the CBS lineup was dragged down too. How much lower can GL go? Wasn't it at 1.7 last week?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm convinced most people have lost their loyaty with Y&R, especially after the boredom that was the past two months and the past two years of nonsense that went on with the show. Y&R actually improved last week and was quite good this week. However, even if the quality went up, I seriously doubt the ratings will.

Though, I still wouldn't mind, you know, Griffith and Maria Bell BEING FIRED....

Who does one have to sleep with to give Natalie Minardi Slater a promotion and to bring David Shaughnessy back as EP?

• Members

I think Y&R was very good during the Cassie stuff. I don't think the Restless Style story is working at all. There is no conflict. The bottom really has fallen out of the ratings for the show though.

• Members

It's clear as day that backstage politics is involved in why Y&R is the way it is right now. Bill Bell jr is SEVERELY mismanaging this show. He's rather have his INEXPERIENCED WIFE Head Writing this show, rather than getting someone who knows Y&R and had a fair amount of writing experience. The same with Josh Griffith, who has NO PRODUCING experience, there's no way he should be the leader of this show.

However, with ratings the way they are. I wouldn't be surprised if Griffith is fired soon and used as a scapegoat by the Bell's and Sony. I think we're stuck with Maria for a while, since the Bell's love their nepotism (sadly in this case!).

Archived