All: What was the storyline that got you hooked?

• Members

That was around the time I got into DOOL too. I got into OLTL with the Marty's rape story. And I didn't really get into AMC until the baby switch story, but I've watched seldomly since 93. I started watching GH when SJB showed up as Carly. I had a major crush on her when she was on VR Troopers(yes I watched it LOL) so I followed her there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I grew up watching ABC soaps with my family.

OLTL: Cord and Tina hooked me to the show

AMC: SMG playing a mighty fierce Kendall

GH: Sarah Brown as Carly

Days: Bo and Billie's romance as played by RKK and LR

Y&R: Amelia Heinle's debut as Victoria

B&B: Ridge and Taylor and later the Amber/Rick/Kimberly triangle

• Members

DAYS - I started watching when Carly was buried alive. It got me started on watching the show but Austin (PM) & Carrie was why I stayed with the show, and then I was just hooked. Later came the stuff with Sami, Bo & Billie and Hope's return...

• Members

I was always watching GL since I was little, but the storyline that got me hooked was with Alex and Fletcher stuck on an island and the return of Roger Thorpe. I still watched it religiously after that and kind of quit watching after 1994 because the show was just blah. Then, I started getting hooked again with Annie Dutton of course. I stopped watching GL after the budget cuts in 2005.

With DAYS, I started watching again with the Kristen/John/Marlena triangle. God I miss Kristen Dimera. :(

• Members

Most of my family has always watched soaps, so they were always a part of my childhood, but the first time I really follwed daily was when Frisco and Felicia started on GH. From the moment Frisco rips off her hat and realizes she is a girl I loved them! From there I got into Anna, and pretty much watched daily until Monty's second tenure, and then came back full force when Luke and Luara returned under Labine's team.

OLTL was my grandmother's favorite, but I really didn't get into it until Megan and Sarah arrived, then I loved it under Malone round one.

AMC I didn't even watch until SMG as Kendal Hart.

ATWT hooked me with Simon and Lily on the Island, and Rose is her twin. Carly going for her money and having Hal's baby, Barbara being burned. Hogan hooked me there.

GL I love, but only the old clips on Youtube. Had I given it a chance back then it would have all been about Holly/Roger/Alex/Blake/Alan-Michael/Eleni for me. I kind of got into GL during the Marina/Ben storyline, but then they made him crazy to prop Marina/Shayne, and I droppped it for good.

Days- I loved many characters, but the ones that got me hooked were Bo and Hope, and I still love them.

Y&R- Nina has a Chancellor baby, follwed by David Kimble hooked me there.

• Members

Y&R: Just absorbed it. My earliest memory was Lorie Brooks taunting her sister Lesley in a mental institution. I was hooked from then.

B&B: Donna Logan and Rocco were conspiring to get Bill Spencer photographed naked after he had published/gotten naked pictures of her.

More historically:

GH: Audrey Hardy tries desperately to conceal the paternity of her baby, Tommy. And Scotty Baldwin's mother goes crazy. After a lapse, Lassa Fever and Gloria Monty hooked me back in.

AMC: Erica Kane pretends to want a baby with Tom Cudahy, but she's really on the pill and opening a disco. Tom finds out and goes BALLISTIC. And again, later, Palmer lets his daughter Nina go blind, rather than let her be with Cliff Warner. Plus Jesse and Jenny in New York.

OLTL: Like everyone: Karen Wolek on the witness stand, confessing she is a hooker. And again this week, Gigi: "Translate. I don't speak bitch".

• Members

I was born during an AMC episode and watched all my life. But it wasn't until was 13 and the Phantom Erica storyline started that I got hooked. Susan was awesome, Vincent was really getting a chance to shine, and their chemistry together....OMFG. I've still yet to see anything like it. :wub: Their scenes in Erica's basement are probably my favorite ever on AMC. I laughed, I cried, I yelled, I gasped, and then I was sitting on the edge of my chair holding my breath as they almost shared a first kiss. What those two did in those scenes is going to be hard to top for me. Vincent should have won the Emmy for those scenes.

Archived