All: What was the storyline that got you hooked?

• Members

Yes indeed Miss Zimmer was Echo (which was her second role on the show...in the 70's she played Bonnie Harmon. From what I understand Kim was signed to a long-term contract for the role of devious Echo, but 1983 turned out to be a huge year of transition for the show as the high-flying ABC execs, not happy pulling in over one million dollars PROFIT PER WEEK from GENERAL HOSPITAL (which it was doing at the time), demanded that the mid-rated ONE LIFE reach the same stratospheric heights as GH and AMC were doing...so there was tons of executive upheaval and big changes to the Llanview landscape, including the dismissal of Kim Zimmer following her hair-raising performance...but it all worked out for the best, as Kim then went on to Springfield.

;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC - I loved the time that Maria came back and was Maureen and was about to get memory back and the whole Erica/Chris/Jack triangle and then Chris got shot and how Maria's daughter seen it happen or something, and then Michael Cambias all that got me HOOKED. I can't even describe how good AMC was in May of 03

GH - Brenda's return. Enough said. I mean I watched as a little girl and knew some of the characters and what not but Brenda's return got me hooked.

OLTL - Just around the time that we found out Natalie and Jessica were twins and just before Mitch Lawrence died and was doing all those crazy things like kidnapping people, marrying Natalie and bringing Victor Lord back.

• Members

Days of our Lives: The Salem Strangler, I rememeber how creepy it was when Jake would strangle someone, especially Mary Andersons murder. I remember Marlena finding the doll hanging from the noose in her office, Samantha being killed, and everyone believing that it was Marlena that was really dead. I remember Roman recieving word that it was really Samantha that was killed, and not Marlena who was supposed to be going to Mexico until the strangler was caught. However Marlena instead decided to go to Colorado to visit her parents. I also remember Don finding Marlena alive at the Gatehouse, and thinking that he was hallucinating when he saw her making coffee. And lastly, Marlena and Roman's final confortation with Jake.

Another World: Crazy Alma Rudder drives Blaine Nuts, Maggie's Custody Trial, Alma Rudder shoots Sandy

Alma Rudder's murder. I also remember bits and pieces earler on, such as (

General Hospital: Alphabet Wars, Bert Ramsey is Mr. Big

Guiding Light: Dreaming Death

One Life to Live: Music Box Killer

Chris

• Members

General Hospital: Alphabet Wars, Bert Ramsey is Mr. Big

I meant Bert Ramsey is Mr. Big, and Spin Dry(money laundering operation, Introduction of Duke Lavery.). Alphabet Wars came later on with the big bomb on the train. Earlier than that i remember watching GH during the Laurelton murders. I remember when Kevin O'Connor was trying to kill Terry Brock. She turned the tables on him blodgening him with a rock and him falling off a cliff to his death.

chris

• Members

AMC: Born into the viewing family. But got hooked with the Tad & Dixie first go-around.

SB: Approximately a year of viewing. BJ's sexual abuse story. BJ/Warren stuff.

OLTL: Crazy Alex trying to stop Bo and Cassie's wedding. I loved Alex.

GH: Bill & Julia. Office "politics." The Nancy murder mystery.

GL: 6 months of viewing. Alan-Michael/Lucy - the rape story.

B&B: I watched it regularly for about 2-3 months. The stuff to do with Brooke's daughter realizing mom slept with her husband (played by S. Kanan - character names are escaping me right now) and is having his baby (her sister). LOL, damn.

DAYS: I watched Buried Alive and some of Maison Blanche. But Bo (PR's) and Hope's puzzle box scene is what got me hooked (August 1995).

Back to AMC: The Kane women coming together to take down Mikey Cambias (April/May 2003).

• Members

To be honest, it was more the characters that hooked me rather than the actual stories.

With Y&R, I was fascinated by Jill, Katherine, and Nikki, and these three still remain my favourite female trio on this show. There is so much history and dedication with these characters, and all three performers are truly magnificent in there given role. Back in the day I was also intrigued by the Jack/Victor feud. Of course, I also fell in love with Nina, Drucilla, Diane, and more later on.

With OLTL, it was Dorian that tuned me in. Robin Strasser is such a classic in the role. The way she utters her lines, the depth and emotion she puts into her scenes, I love her. Viki may be Llanview's icon, but Dorian is who has kept me tuning in for years.

With B&B, it was THE Sally Spectra. There will never be another character or actress like her. Darlene Conley was truly an amazing talent, a true scene stealer in every sense. Her schemes were always hilarious to watch, and that voice, sigh, that voice. I miss her so.

With PSSNS, it was Tabitha and Timmy. Such a beautiful and natural relationship between two actors. These two and there adventures always hooked me, and Evans always managed to tug at your heart strings. I also grew to love Lindsay Hartley as Theresa, and could never understood why she was continuously overlooked for an Emmy.

With AMC, Susan Lucci and all her diva antics as Erica Kane of course. I also thought at one point they boasted a wonderfully talented cast.

With GL, it was the Spaulding family. I always have a thing for the messed up elite family, and the Spaulding family was it.

With ATWT, the sensational Elizabeth Hubbard. Oh how I loved back then when the writers wrote for her, and she would command your attention. The way she took charge of a scene, and the energy she put into Lucinda Walsh was mesmerizing to watch.

With DOOL, it was Sami Brady like everyone else. I love a good schemer and at the time, she was the best.

However, today I only watch Y&R, OLTL, and B&B.

• Members

Y&R I don't remember when I began to watch Y&R but the earliest memories I have of it is the Lauren/Sheila baby-switch storyline. I've been watching this soap steadily ever since then, more so than other soaps on the air. Well, up until recently. Anyway, that storyline got me hooked.

My all-time favorite Y&R storylines are when Cassie was introduced, when Victoria eloped with Ryan, when Victor bought Jabot, when Phyllis lied about Daniel's paternity, when Dru cheated on Neil with Malcolm. And, of course, Cassie's death.

ATWT I was hooked on ATWT when the Carly/Jack hate affair became a love affair. I loved it when they hated each other. And when they were stuck in that cabin, we all knew they'd hook up.

My favorite ATWT storylines are David Stenbeck/Molly Conlan, Carly/Hal's baby for Roseanna's money, Barbara marrying Craig, Barbara's face burning, Roseanna marrying Craig. The introduction of Rose was pretty lame but her eventual affair with Paul and her death was pretty good, I think.

OLTL I began watching OLTL during the Marty rape but what got me hooked was Megan's death. I really enjoyed the climax and resolution of the Tommy/baby snatcher storyline. From Todd's execution to Marcy kidnapping the baby in Texas. Heart-stopping.

• Members

I'll try to do this chronologically from when I started watching each show, though I don't watch most of them anymore.

GH: Heather trying to drive Diana crazy by rearranging things in Diana's house. I was only 10 at the time, but I remember Heather hiding in the closet and Diana freaking out. I didn't watch every day, but I did keep up with GH until after Diana was killed off a few years later and her murderer was revealed to be Heather's mom, who was Rick & Leslie's housekeeper!

OLTL: Karen & Marco switching her sister Jenny's dead baby with hooker Katrina's live one. This was the first storyline I had to watch every day to find out how it ended.

AMC: Palmer plotting against Cliff & Nina was what first drew me in, and then I fell in love with Phoebe's snobbishness and Erica's vamping; in its heyday, this show could make you laugh out loud one minute and cry the next.

GL: Beth & Phillip on the run in New York and Reva fighting for her truelove Joshua.

ATWT: James Stenbeck coming back from the dead as a monk to torment Barbara and of course Holden & Lily.

• Members

for me with DAYS OF OUR LIVES...was the Kate/Victor/Vivian triangle i was soo interested as to why this women hated the other one...it was pretty good show back then LR billie and RKK's Bo rocked the show it would be cool if they came back as new characters...and Carrie/Austin/Sami Marlena/John/Kristen.....Hopes Return....Jack/Peter/Jen/Laura was good too.

Archived