All: What was the storyline that got you hooked?

• Members

Sorry if this has been done before, but what was the storyline that got you hooked on your favorite soap?

For me it wasn't a particular storyline for AMC, I got hooked because of Leo/Josh Duhamel :wub:

For GH the storyline that hooked me was the Anna coming to town in the 80's.

For Days it was Bo & Hope's wedding in the mid 80's

For ATWT I actually checked out the show when Roger Howarth joined, but there wasn't a particular storyline that hooked me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH - Luke & Laura. I started watching when Bobbie first made that phone call to Luke when she needed help keeping Scott away from Laura.

DOOL - Marlena's possession. I know I'm in the minority and many tuned out during that time, but its what got me hooked.

• Members

For me, I casually watched GH with my mom as a kid from like 1994 on, but the story that made me fall in love with the show was Liz's rape. I loved watching the teens interact and fall in love and be friends. If you watch the YouTube clips of how Lucky treated Liz after her rape you'll fall in love with Jonathan Jackson.

• Members

More and more I believe what "hooked" me was the time I grew up in. I've never not watched soaps. Back in the Stone Age, there were four stations (if you were lucky...) and daytime tv consisted of soaps or gameshows. (And that nasty hour and a half I had to let my sibs watch Sesame Street/Mr. Rogers :( ) There was no cable, there were no VCR/DVR machines. I may not have always paid attention to LOL, SFT and EON, but they were on at my house. (At least until EON went to ABC.)

But to be specific...the first stories I really "got" were in the early '80's....Steve/Betsy/Craig and Gunnar/Barb/James on ATWT...Morgan/Kelly/Nola and Phil/Beth/Rick/Mindy on GL....Paul/Lauren, Danny/Lauren/Traci, Diane/Jack/Patti on Y&R. Sloane and Trey on Capitol (I adored that show...).

• Members

Days, i just watched from the getgo of my life. One of the first things i remember is Bo & Billie in L.A. Sami Brady is what hooked me.

GH... Liz & Lucky :wub:

YR - i was board one day and turned it on. I seen Lauran, Isabella, Phyliss, Jill, Nikki, Brittany and fell in love.

B&B - I ended up just watching it between YR & Days

ATWT - Lucy.

GL - Marah.

AMC - Leo/Greens

OLTL - just picked up one day

Archived